• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why so expensive??

26 posts in this topic

Photocopying and selling them is no different than any other form of intellectual property theft.

I see your point Tom. However, the problem would lie in distinguishing "official" photocopies that DC had printed vs. photocopies made from these copies? I'm not condoning their sale, but if I were a big fan/collector/completionist of these cancelled titles, I'd be looking for a friend who could "share" his copy with me.

How does ones desire to own something give permission for intellectual property theft? It does not. As a collector I understand wanting something, but it does not excuse the facts of the law and intellectual property theft.

If collectors want to “share” this book then collectors should be contacting DC and work to having this book officially reprinted as a trade.

Hi Tom, my copies are in PDF format and they are only the Kamandi stories.

I only posted a small sampling of the Kamandi 60 (and not exactly crystal clear quality) merely for a reference so that others would know what the book was.

I saw these online about a year ago. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you would like I can delete those couple of pages, but I think most people would like the cover scan for reference. gossip.gif

It’s not my call, Mica, and I certainly understand the intellectual curiosity about the contents of the books. But I also know what I would think if I were in DC’s position…

I just got a kick out of reading the questions. So who wrote this one? 27_laughing.gif

"Q: Hello. I saw your answer to a question on this auction and you said I was wondering who this person was/is and what the dates they worked for Heritage were? Is this person still on staff with you? Did he ever work for you and Heritage at the same time? I ask because of the CGC/Heritage controversy - Jim Halperin owns 25% of CGC, no? And your company seems to have an inordinate amount of slabs - I mean, you have the most slabs I've ever seen one dealer have. Did you submit them through Heritage? Did you get a bulk submission rate from CGC? Have you ever pressed or paid to have pressed, any comics? You guys seem to be able to grade - why waste so much money getting crappy Moderns slabbed when they won't sell at jacked up prices? Thanks in advance, Stu

Jan-12-06

A: We have the most CGC comics because we bought them and had them slabbed. The comic cavalcade is the real deal. Take care. "

I don't know who Stu is, but he is very uninformed I guess. They are referring to Fred McSurley who used to work for Heritage and then went to work for Warehouse Auction Center doing acquisitions. Fred travelled to most comic conventions and scoured every dealer looking for books to get slabbed and sell for WAC. Fred has since left WAC and is now selling on Ebay for himself.

Yes, I found that out when they answered. I wasn't aware of this info because I don't deal with scumbag speculators like WAC and I know many share my feelings about Heritage (I was one of the ones who "sacked up" according to BHD). Now I am informed on this matter. I'll leave the investigative journalism to Redhook thumbsup2.gif

Photocopying and selling them is no different than any other form of intellectual property theft.

I see your point Tom. However, the problem would lie in distinguishing "official" photocopies that DC had printed vs. photocopies made from these copies? I'm not condoning their sale, but if I were a big fan/collector/completionist of these cancelled titles, I'd be looking for a friend who could "share" his copy with me.

How does ones desire to own something give permission for intellectual property theft? It does not. As a collector I understand wanting something, but it does not excuse the facts of the law and intellectual property theft.

If collectors want to “share” this book then collectors should be contacting DC and work to having this book officially reprinted as a trade.

I agree with you on the intellectual property theft point and like I said before I do not condone sale of its copies. Contacting DC to make a trade would be the best way to go; someone had said that certain stories had already been used in later material.

I guess I should stop bugging Ian for scans of his copy then 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif