• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what are you reading?

83 posts in this topic

This is my first time through Identity Crisis, and it is blowing me away....not a big DC fan but this [embarrassing lack of self control] is [embarrassing lack of self control] awsome!! Also reading House of M, and while good, it does not have the depth and impact that IC has.

BTW, J. Beals is way hotter than J. Alba. wink.gif

And sitting underneath it is...

8341030.jpg

Tough read, but worth it (sort of). I think Eco himself summed it up pretty accurately himself when he called the first 100 pages a test. A test is right. The long dialogues and paragraph after paragraph about the religious and political climate of the time get pretty tedious.

I got around to reading this only a couple of years ago, and found the first 100 pages pretty engrossing, but I enjoy reading history books as well.

IC is very good. Read #4 again last night.

IC is going to be one of the iconic arcs of the modern age. As far as writing and storytelling, it's right up there with DK returns, Byrne/Claremont X men and anything else that changed the face of comics....I am truly impressed.

Recently finished:

1. "This Monster Lives" - the book that goes with the documentary "Some Kind of Monster" about Metallica.

2. "Heartbreak & Triump: The Shawn Michaels Story"

3. Almost done with "Classy" Freddie Blassie's autobiography, "Listen, You Pencil Neck Geeks"

3. Almost done with "Classy" Freddie Blassie's autobiography, "Listen, You Pencil Neck Geeks"

Now that sounds like a good read. thumbsup2.gif

It's been a pleasant surprise. It's actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I watched wrestling when I was growing up, and I'm still curious about a lot of the history, and Blassie was right there for a lot of it. His day in the ring was WAY before my time, but he was right there with a lot of the biggies from those days - Gorgeous George, Buddy Rogers, Johnny Valentine, Lou Thesz.

He had an interesting career but wasn't much of a husband (to his first two wives, at least) or much of a father to his children. He's one of those people who was successful in his field but a complete failure (because of negligence) at home.

Green River, Running Red by Ann Rule......with a big thankyou to Divad for sending along a copy to me recently.

Also.....

Adam Strange DC Archives #1 (Excellent)

Zenith Angel by Bruce Sterling

and finishing up Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain

Green River, Running Red by Ann Rule......with a big thankyou to Divad for sending along a copy to me recently.

Also.....

Adam Strange DC Archives #1 (Excellent)

Zenith Angel by Bruce Sterling

and finishing up Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain

Flights.

A fantasy anthology.

Kinda blows.