• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 42

12 posts in this topic

Vertical creasing actually doesn't bother me at all for this book. Overstreet specifically addressed this issue on Pg 216 of the grading guide. The book has a complete (meaning top to bottom) vertical reading crease going down the spine plus a few spine stresses and tears and it is a 7.0. Given that this Batman book has about half of the vertical creasing that the book in the Overstreet guide has, I don't know how it would garner a much lower grade than it has.

I think that creasing in person would stand out more. I wouldnt go higher than a 6.0. I have sent plenty of Batman books in from that era with some of them getting 6.5's looking much nicer than that. I would say that 6.0 range. i would love to know how the dealer graded it.

I think that creasing in person would stand out more. I wouldnt go higher than a 6.0. I have sent plenty of Batman books in from that era with some of them getting 6.5's looking much nicer than that. I would say that 6.0 range. i would love to know how the dealer graded it.

The dealer priced it about the OS grade price of 6.0. Pages are Cream to Off-White, no brittleness. I picked the best out of 5 or 6 GA Batmans that he had. I may send this one in to get graded soon.

BTW, my scan picked up a lot of dust from the glass on the scanner, but I don't think it really affects the pic too bad.