• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Bob Layton Commission....Mandarin's Trophy Wall...

17 posts in this topic

Hey Gang,

I just got a great piece from Bob Layton. Some of you might remember my Brian Bolland Commission from the end of 2005. Well, I liked the theme behind it enough that I wanted to see other artist's versions of the general idea. Here is what Bob Layton came up with...a great Mandarin/Iron Man piece. Moody, drenched in shadow and nails the overall feeling I was going for....

Mandarin's Trophy Wall...

Bob is one of the most professional, fastest and best in the business. Run, don't walk and have him do something for you. thumbsup2.gif

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

excellent. i am looking forward to seeing more of these in the series!

the only thing i can think that would approach the level of coolness of this series would be a "jam" project, wherein different artists supplied the art for a signature head on the wall, with a major artist supplying the main figure - but the logistics of that would be a nightmare

What does bob charge for a commission like that? I don't collect OA but a commission like that would be fun for me as bob's IM run was what started me collecting comics. thanks.

What does bob charge for a commission like that? I don't collect OA but a commission like that would be fun for me as bob's IM run was what started me collecting comics. thanks.

$400 893whatthe.gif which is the most severe bargain in all of comic art-land.

Worth it at twice the price if you ask me.

Chris Caira

Amazing piece - congrats!

How big is it?

Modern cover sized...11x17

and now for a gratuitous banana dance... yay.gif

Chris Caira

Hi Chris,

Congrats! That came quick!

Thanks Hari....Bob does not fool around. He had it done in under a week from receiving payment including working up prelims for my approval. Unheard of in today's commission game.

Chris

Very nice piece Chris. Bob Layton is defiitly one of the best artists to come out of the 1980's, and his Iron Man work in particular is fantastic.

Are you thinking of making these commisions into a series, and if so what other artists do you have in mind?

Ok, you don't have to do this... but how cool would it be to have Thanos on his throne with many a head on the wall. Starlin of course!

Shhhhhhh 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You never know what's in the works...

Chris Caira