• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just recieved this early Action Comics

41 posts in this topic

These books were undergraded by CGC a little, but not that much

welcome to the reality that alot of us face when we submit our books to CGC, I too have hoped to receive higher grades than I actually did with books I have submitted to them,

when buying raw books (or slabbed for that matter), I feel you must make your decision right then and there as to whether or not you are satisfied with the book and your purchase.....if I had received the #99 from the seller and upon looking the book over, decided that I was happy with it, then it wouldn't matter what CGC grade it received, and if I wasn't happy, I would have asked for a refund right away, which I've done several times, through eBay and Metro dealers, uh,. I mean Mega dealers,,,and that part about "no refunds unless grossly misdescribed", that's a bad deal right there, I mean who's to decide if the books were grossly misdescribed or not ??

always keep in mind that 98.9 % of anyone who is selling, is more than likely going to over grade the book(s) they are selling.

I will probably never hear from the guy. Just like he never added insurance when he shipped, even though I paid for it and added a note to that effect. I do know, that if I am not satisfied in the end, I will be handing out my First Neg. I am not a newbie to ebay.

The Neg sounds very deserved. People shouldn't be using terms like VF+ if they don't know what it means.

Don't be so sure it wasn't insured though. I insure a lot of my packages through Endicia but it doesn't show on the label because it's private insurance, not USPS insurance. Also, through my professional dealer's collectors insurance I have an option where I can get all packages covered. So the guy obviously rooked you on the grade but maybe not on the insurance.

Or maybe he did! tongue.gif

Best,

Marc

I will probably never hear from the guy. Just like he never added insurance when he shipped, even though I paid for it and added a note to that effect. I do know, that if I am not satisfied in the end, I will be handing out my First Neg. I am not a newbie to ebay.

The Neg sounds very deserved. People shouldn't be using terms like VF+ if they don't know what it means.

Don't be so sure it wasn't insured though. I insure a lot of my packages through Endicia but it doesn't show on the label because it's private insurance, not USPS insurance. Also, through my professional dealer's collectors insurance I have an option where I can get all packages covered. So the guy obviously rooked you on the grade but maybe not on the insurance.

Or maybe he did! tongue.gif

Best,

Marc

Hi: He didn't add the insurance. The auction states USPS insurance. It was sent priority, for about $6 and I added $4.40 for insurance. His auction does state, to e-mail him before making any Neutral or Neg. feedback.

welcome to the reality that alot of us face when we submit our books to CGC, I too have hoped to receive higher grades than I actually did with books I have submitted to them

When submitting golden age books to CGC I have been pleasantly surprised on more than one occasion to recieve a higher grade than I originally anticipated. I do not believe I am that conservative of a grader, in my opinion CGC just seems to fluctuate 1.5 points or so when grading GA books

The seller just replied to my e-mail. He is not going to refund me any portion of the $285 I thought that would be the case. However after spending that kind of money for an 8.5 and recieving a 5.0 he leaves me no choice but to leave my first negative feedback. I should have the books back next week, and I will post a scan.

Watch for a retaliation negitive feedback! Youre palyin with fire.Im telling you
Unfortunately for him, he has already left Positive feedback. I hate to be the bad guy, but I bought an Action comics #27 last year advertised as Unrestored, and it came back a 6.5 Apparent. I left Positive feedback, because I didn't notice the Resto, and he never left feedback for me. This time, I waited. Live and learn.

Watch for a retaliation negitive feedback! Youre palyin with fire.Im telling you

I don't worry about that anymore. Almost anyone can tell the difference between a legitimate neg and a revenge neg. If you leave a measured and professional negative and some brain dead insufficiently_thoughtful_person responds with a poorly written revenge neg (something like "tHIS looser IS a LIER!!!" people will know who falls on ther side of right.

I applaud ComicDonna for negging the [embarrassing lack of self control]. The reason that so many overgraders get away with it is because people live in fear of the revenge neg. I say let the negs fly.

Negative Feedback has been left for the seller. It wasn't something that I enjoyed, but maybe he will be more careful next time. He does sell alot of comics, and now, future buyers can take into consideration my experience before purchasing. Here's a link to the auction, in case anyone is interested in seeing who this seller is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N%3AIT&rd=1

Overall, I am glad that I purchased these books raw, and had the opportunity to flip through the pages, and examine the books inside and out, before submitting to CGC. IMO They were a little hard on the #99 but I do know, that they are both solid books. I hope to add to them soon.

yes, I agree, most of mine I bought raw, and subbed to CGC myself, only after looking through each book, and reading most of the stories in them, before slabbing them..I'm sure you will add to them as GA is addicting.