• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just recieved this early Action Comics

41 posts in this topic

I just recieved this Action Comics #83 intro to Hocus and Pocus. It was purchased from komiczone for $165. It is owned by James Payette. He sent a catalog with thousands of comics for sale. He graded this book VG A solid book with a 3/4 inch tear where it says April. It's attached by both staples. The spine looks great. I am hoping for a 5.0 any comments?

th_actioncomics83cover.jpg

th_actioncomics83back.jpg

The above book is firmly attached by both staples, which are not rusted. The inside pages are white, with some printer pulls at the bottom. The cover has good color. Their is some rolling of the spine. No rips or spine split. The cover has some creases. The one near the spine has a minor color break. A small ink stain on the back cover. I was hoping for an 8.0, but, I believe this would come back a 7.5 any opinions?

These books will ship to CGC tomorrow. I did contact the seller of the #99 that if it does come back far lower than the 8.5 he gave it, I will be asking for a partial refund. The more I look at the book, I am thinking a 6.5 That's 4 grades lower than I paid for.

I just called CGC the #83 4.0 The #99 5.0 The #99 was advertized as Very Fine Plus, and I paid $285 for it. I just notified the seller, and requested a $100 refund.

i would be shocked if he refunded. As a seller, I would feel no responsibility toward being true to CGC grading.

...and as a buyer, I would never buy a GA book described as VF+ were it not CGC'd, or from a VERY reputable dealer. At that point you are paying a premium for grade, and grading is subjective to say the least.

i would be shocked if he refunded. As a seller, I would feel no responsibility toward being true to CGC grading.

...and as a buyer, I would never buy a GA book described as VF+ were it not CGC'd, or from a VERY reputable dealer. At that point you are paying a premium for grade, and grading is subjective to say the least.

Grading is not that subjective. When I recieved the book, their were numerous creases on the cover, that didn't show up in the scan. I notified him then, and said I would be sending it to CGC, and if it came back much less, I would be asking for a refund. His item description stated no refunds, unless grossly misdescribed.

I was very happy with the #83 I was disappointed with the #99, but I would of not complained if it came back a 7.0 even though I paid for an 8.5 These books were undergraded by CGC a little, but not that much

I will probably never hear from the guy. Just like he never added insurance when he shipped, even though I paid for it and added a note to that effect. I do know, that if I am not satisfied in the end, I will be handing out my First Neg. I am not a newbie to ebay.