• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1992 Sotheby's catalog unrestored Action #1 VF 78

30 posts in this topic

Rob,

Where did you find the 1992 Sotheby's catalog? I am still missing 1992 and 1995.

on eBay. For $5. The last time one was on eBay I was outbid at something like $75. I'm VERY happy with the price I paid headbang.gif I still don't know why I got it so cheap.

95 you should be able to find pretty easily on eBay. 1992 will take some patience and it might cost you- I mentioned the last time it was on eBay and it sold out at one of the online catalog resellers at $50, which is a king's ransom for a catalog on the secondary market.

Wiest told me that they printed the same quantity of 1992 as 1991. The difference was that they mailed it using the wrong mailing and so most of them were thrown away. It took me a while to find one cheap enough on ebay. I got lucky paying about 20 bucks but prior to that I had seen it for the 50 and up type of price. It's a great catalog with many great Mile High runs.

Adam;

What was on the cover of the 1992 catalogue?

If I remember correctly, they sent me two copies of the second catalogue and I could never figure out why. I believe this was the catalogue with images of multiple classic comic book covers on the front cover of the catalogue.

I just wish I could remember where I put all of these catalogues. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tec 8, Tec 27, Action 1. It stand out because it's their only comic catalog with a multi-color spind because of the comic images spilling over to the back cover.

Thanks Adam; thumbsup2.gif

Yes, that's the one that I have a duplicate copy of.

I always assumed they must have had some type of problem with their shipping that time since I received a second copy of the catalogue in the mail a couple of weeks after the first one had already arrived.

Now I just got to see if I can find them again in my closet. foreheadslap.gif

Rob,

Where did you find the 1992 Sotheby's catalog? I am still missing 1992 and 1995.

on eBay. For $5. The last time one was on eBay I was outbid at something like $75. I'm VERY happy with the price I paid headbang.gif I still don't know why I got it so cheap.

95 you should be able to find pretty easily on eBay. 1992 will take some patience and it might cost you- I mentioned the last time it was on eBay and it sold out at one of the online catalog resellers at $50, which is a king's ransom for a catalog on the secondary market.

Wiest told me that they printed the same quantity of 1992 as 1991. The difference was that they mailed it using the wrong mailing and so most of them were thrown away. It took me a while to find one cheap enough on ebay. I got lucky paying about 20 bucks but prior to that I had seen it for the 50 and up type of price. It's a great catalog with many great Mile High runs.

I spoke with him via email about it a year or two ago. He told me much the same thing. I think it went out to the animation list.

It's definitely a great catalog.

Are you talking about the Sothebys auction in Nyc in 1991? the auction that had the mile high detective #2 and the larson marvel #1? The action 1 in that catolog was restored.

No. I'm discussing the 1992 catalog (The one with the VF range unrestored Action 1 that I asked about in the first post in this thread.) The 1991 catalog is REALLY easy to get. The 1992 catalog is next to impossible in comparison. I've been looking for a copy for well over a year.

Would anyone know if that book is represented in the census?

It's not. It's in a private collection and has not been certified...........yet tongue.gif

how does this copy rate in the top 5 Steve?

Don't know, it never came through CGC confused-smiley-013.gif

I think Cheney bought that book but accidently shot it. I remember him being very sorry. stooges.gif

You are thinking of Ted Kennedy. He bought the VF copy and then went for a drive. Some how the issue sustained major water damage.