• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished watching the Ultimate Avengers Movie.

91 posts in this topic

[same problem here, I watch a lot of movies and have been branded by the powers that be at Netflix. Anything new is out of the question for a LONG time, (netflix has openly admitted that new releases are reserved for new members and people who keep their movies for a long time.)

Members like us are seen as "not-profitable" by Netflix because it costs 70 some odd cents for every movie we send back to them alone.

Here's a link that explains it better:

netflix throttling explained

confused-smiley-013.gif

I have been on Netflix for almost 5 years and have NEVER had this problem. I rent 10-12 DVDs a month and have always gotten 1 or 2 day turnaround. And, almost always get new movies right away or within 2 attempts.

BTW, I have noticed that I get new movies faster since I moved from the metro NYC area to upstate NY. Even movies that are "long waits" typically I get within a week or two.

A co-worker copies every film he gets from Netflix and turns it around in one day. He gets over 20 a month, and he's never had this problem.

Out of principle, Netflix would have to get REALLY bad before I dumped them for Blockbuster.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Has anyone used or heard of Intelliflix? confused-smiley-013.gif Their site looks like a possible alternative to Netflix. http://www.intelliflix.com/

I would just go with the Blockbuster service Kevin, it sounds like a better deal all the way around. I think I'm going to give it a try.

I've done a little Googling on throttling since my last post here. Supposedly the magic number to get you flagged is 13 rentals a month. gossip.gif

According to the Hacking Netflix blog, Blockbuster throttles too.

http://www.hackingnetflix.com/2006/02/blockbuster_thr.html

I hate most Marvel. The Ultimates and Marvel Zombies are two, I do read. I make myself buy a Marvel Comic every so often to see if it gets any better. Lately, they have been putting out more books worth reading. I just don't like most of the Silver Age and Bronze Age stuff. I got really turned off by multiple variants in the 90's, which DC is now doing somewhat. The only saving grace, THE ARTWORK IS GOOD ON DC VARIANTS!!!*

* All-Star Batman and Robin being an exception. Yuck!!!

Almost forgot, I watched UA with my son who's 6. We both liked it. I give it thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif......

So it's o.k. for kids? Mine are 4 - 10?? confused-smiley-013.gif The movie is not rated at our Video Store.

Almost forgot, I watched UA with my son who's 6. We both liked it. I give it thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif......

So it's o.k. for kids? Mine are 4 - 10?? confused-smiley-013.gif The movie is not rated at our Video Store.

No worse than Cartoon Network fare...

And in my opinion, it's not bad. Not great but merely OK. And I agree with the others that have said the Hulk fight is the best part of the DvD. If they had screwed that up though, the movie would have been well below average in comparison to Justice League on TV...

Jim

There are a couple of "damns" in there and of course violence. The opening is WW2 so there are a couple of scenes were guys get thrown around by bombs and get shot in the background (though no blood is shown). And of course there's the fight between the Avengers/Aliens/Hulk at the end. Not any worse than any Justice League episode though. thumbsup2.gif

It was all right for an animated movie. Obviously toned down from the comics, but good fight scenes and character build up. I never cared much for the Ultimate Captain America's costume, but I guess making more functional armor and getting rid of the head-wings was necessary to put him in a "real world" setting.

Speaking of costumes, The Black Panther one in the sequel looks awful.

Other than that, I loved the Wasp. She looks much sexier animated than she did in the comics.

Finally, if they base the upcoming Dr. Strange animated DVD on the TERRIBLE JMS "Strange" mini series, I'm going to smush a cream pie in his face at a comic convention.

I finally tracked down a copy today. I went into it with no expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

I can see what some people were saying about the "90's animation" but all in all it was a good flick with a killer battle with the Hulk at the end of the movie.

I definitely give it 2 thumbs up thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I finally tracked down a copy today. I went into it with no expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

I can see what some people were saying about the "90's animation" but all in all it was a good flick with a killer battle with the Hulk at the end of the movie.

I definitely give it 2 thumbs up thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I have to agree...

I liked the Captain America intro at the begining, but the team battle against the

Hulk was worth the price of the disc to me...

With Hulk so fast, strong and ruthless it's a wonder if anyone in the marvel

universe could go toe to toe with with him...

There were a couple of times where the hulk wasted one of the team and

I said to myself: Are they actually going to kill a character off in this battle?

When I saw the Hulk smashing in Iron Man's Helmet with enough force to

level a mountain... I was like... damn old tony is going to take a dirt nap...

893whatthe.gif

I didn't enjoy the movie all that much, to be honest. The animation was rough (like Transformers Season One rough), and I don't geek out over big fight scenes all that much... but the Avengers documentary was fun! I don't know that I've ever heard someone lavish himself with as much praise as George Perez. I was embarassed for him.

The documentary made the whole thing worthwhile and I'm looking forward to seeing #2 in July.