• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished watching the Ultimate Avengers Movie.

91 posts in this topic

Well, i wouldn't say it's negative necessarily. The observation was just that it was really "pumping up" America through the medium of Captain America, who is, as they say, the "All-American Man". The representation of him being the leader and him being the best-rounded and most perfect individual on the team deflects that image onto America itself. Of course, that's the way that the comic was written, and that's what made him so popular, so there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

All I'm saying is that this film was obviously made by an American, not by someone of any other nationality.

Do you think that "A" on his head stands for "Canada", Dogmusher?

Do you think that "A" on his head stands for "Canada", Dogmusher?

I guess we can see why there's no contest as to why the pro-Americanism does so well. Cheers.

You'd think that a company would have better things to do than intentionally delay its service to paying customers, but evidently they don't. They've changed the wording of their service agreement or some kind of official statement to admit that they practice "throttling". Before they got caught, they were advertising unlimited movies, but were delaying deliveries to the customers who watched a lot of movies per month.

I would think they'd get more out of word-of-mouth advertising from satisfied customers who DID receive unlimited movies per month than by delaying things. God forbid they should give people what they've advertised and what their customers are paying for, right? I'm sure things are evened out by people who keep their movies forever and don't get around to mailing them back out for weeks or even months.

I'm not sure if they throttle those who only get new releases worse than those who get a lot of movies that are older. My wife and I have used Netflix to get a lot of old b&w movies and to catch up on HBO series like The Sopranos and Oz. The closest thing to "new" that we've gotten is season 5 of The Sopranos. We go through them pretty quickly and haven't noticed a delay, but we're not too far out of the trial period. From what I've read, the trial period is great, but if you get a lot of movies consistently, you're throttled.

Thats why I go with Blockbuster online. They used to be a little cheaper, and they may still be, or at the same price AND with what theyhave now you get 1 free in store rental coupon a week, so you can go in and get the hot new release that they guarantee to be in stock in the store.

Just watched it. I was expecting the animation to be much better than it was. They could have spent a little more money on it.

And I was hoping to actually hear how "Triskelion" is pronounced, but they never mentioned it.

In all, I'd give it about 2.5 stars, out of 5.

But how about former NFL QB Andre Ware playing the voice of Nick Fury? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just watched it. I was expecting the animation to be much better than it was. They could have spent a little more money on it.

And I was hoping to actually hear how "Triskelion" is pronounced, but they never mentioned it.

In all, I'd give it about 2.5 stars, out of 5.

But how about former NFL QB Andre Ware playing the voice of Nick Fury? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

he also does the voice of John Stewart/Green Lantern on the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited cartoons.