• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't forget to make your San Diego Comic Con hotel reservation this morning

63 posts in this topic

Is finding parking near the convention center tough? I`m thinking of staying outside of the city, maybe crashing with some friends in La Jolla, and just driving in.
There are quite a few parking lots, but most are a walk from the convention center. They usually run about $10-20, depending on distance, and are usually all day parking.

Thanks. Do they get jammed up during the con, or is it possible to find a parking space, particularly at the parking lots closer to the convention center? $10-20 is no biggie, I`ll save way more than that staying somewhere besides downtown.

You do not want to drive near the convention. You're better off staying nearby.

Free place to stay vs. $200/night. juggle.gif

Tim,

My strategy in the past has been to get a hotel several miles away(to save $$), but arrive at the convention center at 8am to assure parking at the convention center itself. On Saturday, I arrive at 7:30. Then I just walk into the gaslamp district, have a nice breakfast, look at the convention schedule and plan my day, then return to the CC at 10pm when the doors open. That strategy has worked very well. Last year, I had an exhibitor pass, so I'd enter the CC around 9am, or whenever I finished breakfast.

Believe me, anyone looking for parking at 10am around the convention center is in for an unpleasant experience.

Is finding parking near the convention center tough? I`m thinking of staying outside of the city, maybe crashing with some friends in La Jolla, and just driving in.
There are quite a few parking lots, but most are a walk from the convention center. They usually run about $10-20, depending on distance, and are usually all day parking.

Thanks. Do they get jammed up during the con, or is it possible to find a parking space, particularly at the parking lots closer to the convention center? $10-20 is no biggie, I`ll save way more than that staying somewhere besides downtown.

Tim,

My strategy in the past has been to get a hotel several miles away(to save $$), but arrive at the convention center at 8am to assure parking at the convention center itself. On Saturday, I arrive at 7:30. Then I just walk into the gaslamp district, have a nice breakfast, look at the convention schedule and plan my day, then return to the CC at 10pm when the doors open. That strategy has worked very well. Last year, I had an exhibitor pass, so I'd enter the CC around 9am, or whenever I finished breakfast.

Believe me, anyone looking for parking at 10am around the convention center is in for an unpleasant experience.

So where are we going to breakfast? cloud9.gif

Tim,

suncafe.jpg

Done. thumbsup2.gif

although I did mine away from the comic-con site, because it was cheaper.

Tightwad sumo.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif for you since this is your favorite graemlin to use on any post i make.

My westin hotel story from heroes con. wow the place looked nice and was discounted to $75 a night for 5 star hotel. First they give us a room, we walk in and people are already there, not fun for us or them. (thank god they had clothes on, not a pretty couple). Give us a new room on 18th floor, go in and start to relax, wife goes into bathroom and goes ewww. There is long black hair on the towels hanging in front of sink and in the bathtub drain. have to call downstairs twice to get room cleaned while we goto con. Come back and bathroom towel still has long hair. Call twice more, no one comes. Have to go downstairs and talk to manager. about 45 minutes later the lady comes to change out the towels so we can actually wash and debunk the theory that fanboy's stink. Second day pretty uneventful at hotel until we actually had to pay the parking upon leaving, no validation.

This coming from a guy who generally stays at motel 6 for $40 and never have a problem with anything, going to this supposed 5 star hotel and having two big issues happen. I will never stay there again. I found myself stripping down the bed each night paranoid that there's black hair in there. GROSS.

BTW enjoy your stay at the Westin smile.gif

The last time I got the Wyndham was 2003. They were overbooked, so they put us up in the W ($289/night) for free! Let's hope for a similar mishap (with similar resolution) this year.

Wow, pretty much everything's booked now.

Tim,

suncafe.jpg

Is that man urinating in the doorway? screwy.gif

I always drive in; it shouldn't be a problem to find parking in the Gaslamp District. Dunno where you can get $10 parking anywhere, count on $20-$25, and you should be set if you get there before 10am. You may have to park 8-10 minutes by foot away, but it's not a big deal.

I always drive in; it shouldn't be a problem to find parking in the Gaslamp District. Dunno where you can get $10 parking anywhere, count on $20-$25, and you should be set if you get there before 10am. You may have to park 8-10 minutes by foot away, but it's not a big deal.

$8 at the convention center.

I found myself stripping down the bed each night paranoid that there's black hair in there. GROSS.

Don't worry, it's not the stuff you can see that's really gross, it's what you can't see that's scary. thumbsup2.gif

I found myself stripping down the bed each night paranoid that there's black hair in there. GROSS.

Don't worry, it's not the stuff you can see that's really gross, it's what you can't see that's scary. thumbsup2.gif

Just don't take a blacklight, and you'll be fine.

Do not attept to get parking at the Con any time after 8:30. It's a nightmare. It's almost better to take in and not deal with the hassle. As for Saturday I just paid 20.00 to park at the Hyatt since we were having the Forum dinner there that night. Traffic around this area is a buzzkill no matter how you slice it.