• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abuse.. I mean Grade my Amazing Spider-Man 101!!!

7 posts in this topic

All kidding aside, I was pretty pleased with this as i got it as a F+ and i think it grades higher than that. I am gonna pack it off this weekend to CGC with about 20 others. I think 8.0 to 8.5. any other takers? the URC is not a crease but in the scan the building art is so high in the corner it could seem that way. the pages are cream and the staples are clean. the upper and lower spine corners are slightly blunted but the two other corners are pretty sharp. let me know what you guys think!! here is the front... asm101.jpg

And here is the back...

asmback.jpg

looking forward to your comments... makepoint.gif

Upper right is dinged a bit, but may only be more noticeable because of the size of the scan. This could be a F/VF from what I see. If the gloss is there (close to new) it could even go to VF-. But, sorry, no way this is a VF. Two bad corners with at least 4 stress cracks is just too many for that grade.

So, I'll go F+ to F/VF.

Hope we're still buddies. grin.gif

Anybody else?

Upper right is dinged a bit, but may only be more noticeable because of the size of the scan. This could be a F/VF from what I see. If the gloss is there (close to new) it could even go to VF-. But, sorry, no way this is a VF. Two bad corners with at least 4 stress cracks is just too many for that grade.

So, I'll go F+ to F/VF.

Hope we're still buddies. grin.gif

Anybody else?

sure were still buddies stooges.gif

seriously though, the upper right is razor sharp. the ding is a combo of the scan and the art on the corner which is an angular line, gives the illusion of a dinged corner. i was amazed myself when i looked from the book to the scan. but in person it is easier to see, perfectly sharp. does this raise it at all for you?

Ok, with a nice upper right corner?

F/VF

cool.gif

much much better...

Funny as it is, i saw these going for full guide in worse condition at the last con i went to. people are funny. you would think that they would want to sell as much as they can, not sell FOR as much as they can. 893offtopic1.gif

Any one else want to slap my book around a bit?

I'd call it a F/VF, but I'd watch out. CGC tends to grade bronze ASM's pretty tough, so I could see it getting a F+. But based on the scan I'd call it a legitimate F/VF.

Brian