• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Political Rants in eBay Feedback?

14 posts in this topic

Here's a new one -- an ebayer who loads his feedback with political rants.

Whether you agree with him or not aside, one would think this is against ebay policy... not to mention just plain obnoxious.

One would think that if he was injecting hate messages, abortion comments or any other controversial statements, it would be yanked pretty quick. Yet, he has been leaving messages like this for over a year.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Particular political views aside, this isn't right. Using other people's FB records as a soapbox for any topics unrelated to the purchase in question should be against Ebay policies.

The question of political and religious content on "About Me" pages came up somewhere before. I'm actually surprised that Ebay allows that, but I'll be really surprised if Ebay allows this guy to keep this up once it is reported.

I'm pretty sure he's not the only one who does that. My favourite eBay seller left a guy a neg for leaving political comments in (positive) feedback. I'm 99% sure it wasn't the same guy.

Regardless of eBay rules or political affiliation, I do have to agree it is just a stupid and tacky thing to do.

This one bothered me also, stopped me from bidding on some his auctions

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...m=-1&de=off

Big Red is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I'l be the first to say.

Bought a Dynamic Forces Thanos #1 Starlin off him, over charges me on shipping for one book and rather then send it between some cardboard for protection, he sticks the comic in the middle of a 4 year old Wizard mag and stuffed it in an oversize paper envelope, the comic slid around and the top left corner got bent to hell during shipping,

I still have the comic and he still has my negitive feedback,

This sort of FB commentary equally annoys me. I appreciate the thought as I'm sure he means well, but I don't think it needs to be included in FB. Buyer's/seller's political, religious, social, etc., positions and affliations have little to do with whether a transaction was positive or negative. I wouldn't go so far as to have a FB like this removed or send a neg in return, but it wouldn't make me more likely to do business with the person in the future.

I'm one of the lucky guy who got one of his religious feedback.

I bought him a lot of bronze what if comics, that was described to be in "TERIFFIC Condition".

The books were all in true 9.4/9.6 grade.

So maybe it's true, the Christian found me.