• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBG Fan Awards

31 posts in this topic

Looks like only DC fans subscirbe to CBG tongue.gif or the Marvelites just abstain from voting. Those results are so skewed from reality...

I'm a Marvel fan and I get CBG. They seem to cater to both camps so I'm thinking that a lot of the Marvel fans just didn't vote (I didn't). DC has won this category every year since the category was added in 1996.

Funny thing is I'll bet that next weeks "Favorite Character" will be Spider-Man (again). It could be Batman though, hard to say. They will go one and two though no matter what order they fall in.

DC won because of Vertigo!

Great point! You think we won't be seeing a Y-The Last Man movie coming sometime soon??? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Granted, the whole premise makes me think of so many Chuck Heston movies from the 70s... but is that a bad thing?!?! wink.gif

Looks like only DC fans subscirbe to CBG tongue.gif or the Marvelites just abstain from voting. Those results are so skewed from reality...

uh, whose reality would that be Darth? sumo.gif

The reality from which X2 was spawned tongue.gif

No need to suspend disbelief but the Marvel empire is here and all DC-ites must bow down and tremble. Welcome the Ultimate Age (and nude boy Namor...) or perish under the impending onslaught.... the dark days of DC have been prophesied!!

Funny thing is that probably only 5 people voted and they exptrapolated to make the numbers look official... just like I did back in Bio/Chem labs on all my lab reports...that's right...take away my diploma, I dare ya!!! tongue.gif

Actually...if my math is correct...(and it usually is...) smirk.gif

the whole report is based on about 360 surveys.

3 out of 360 = 0.8%

4 out of 360 = 1.1%

5 out of 360 = 1.4%

(which also explains the number of ties...)

Looks like all it would take is 10 surveys (2.8%) and anyone could put anything

they wanted into #4 on the list...

Geez, we could ask the same question on this site and get more than 360

responses...in about a day. How long did it take CBG to "compile" these?

Actually...if my math is correct...(and it usually is...)

the whole report is based on about 360 surveys.

3 out of 360 = 0.8%

4 out of 360 = 1.1%

5 out of 360 = 1.4%

(which also explains the number of ties...)

Looks like all it would take is 10 surveys (2.8%) and anyone could put anything

they wanted into #4 on the list...

Geez, we could ask the same question on this site and get more than 360

responses...in about a day. How long did it take CBG to "compile" these?

Well, any multiple of 360 votes would work equally well with your analysis, right? And I'm not sure how one would get a 24.3% share of 360 votes? 720 votes would work nicely for that one. But what's really hard to fathom is how any low multiple of 360 would lead to a 2.0% share? (Maybe they really had 1800 votes?)

But OldGuy, perhaps you could just read the CBG article for us and tell us how many votes were cast? Otherwise we could be here all day.... 893frustrated.gif

But OldGuy, perhaps you could just read the CBG article for us and tell us how many votes were cast? Otherwise we could be here all day.... 893frustrated.gif

No kidding. I would have included those numbers in my first post if they were available. Proceed with banging your head. makepoint.gif

Well, any multiple of 360 votes would work equally well with your analysis, right? And I'm not sure how one would get a 24.3% share of 360 votes?

You're right...it should be 358.

3 out of 358 = 0.8%

4 out of 358 = 1.1%

5 out of 358 = 1.4%

7 out of 358 = 2.0%

9 out of 358 = 2.5%

...and the magic Marvel 24.3% is found at 87 out of 358.

(By the way, DC got 169 out of 358, CrossGen had 41, 'Other' got 24.)

If there are more than 358 surveys, (like 720, or 1,800)...

you don't have such good odds of getting those ties.

When it's just 3 votes, 4 votes, or 5 votes...ties are VERY likely.

So, it wasn't 360...it was 358. 893whatthe.gif

(It's a good thing my original post said "about 360",

or I'd have to start questioning my super-math senses.)

stooges.gif

So, it wasn't 360...it was 358. 893whatthe.gif

Yes, you're no doubt correct. Though I don't subscribe to CBG, I do get their free email blurb. I just checked and they are claiming "hundreds" ooo.gif of responses.

893frustrated.gifmakepoint.gifstooges.gif

I guess we can stop now.

Z.

I voted for Spider J, how did Dawn get more votes than him?

No kidding! mad.gif I'd like to hear what Spider would say about this...... wink.gif

And, really, the best character is Agent Graves from 100 Bullets. grin.gif

Chris

Can someone tell me what comics Captain Marvel/SHAZAM currently appears in to get a Top 10 vote?

Jim

Yeah, that vote tells you all you need to know about the differences between the majority of CBG voters and the majority of posters on this forum.

- Capt ("Shazam") Marvel has not been published in well over a year, outside his occasional appearances in JSA. (But JSA is itself something of a fan favorite right now).

- Fawcett Comics hardly ever figure into our discussions here, outside a few

posts in the lightly-travelled Golden Age forum.

- Can't remember the last time I saw more than 1 or 2 slabbed Fawcett books on eBay (most of the Golden Age Fawcetts sell as raw)

Fawcett readers/collectors are a particularly loyal lot, even 50 years after Fawcett's demise as a comics company!

Cheers,

Z.