• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBG Fan Awards

31 posts in this topic

Spider J is the main character in the series "Transmetropolitan". The best description I can give of the book is "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" meets "Total Recall". Spider is kind of a rogue journalist, always searching for the "Truth" in a crazy sci-fi society where almost anything is possible, and all higher-ups are corrupt (of course). He cracks me up. He's a nasty, foul-mouthed [!@#%^&^]; but that's why we love him!

It's a very good read. Very funny and very cynical. Actually, it was Steve (Borock) who turned me on to the series. It's readily available in TPB format. Highly Recommended.

Chris

Favorite Cover Artist

{image snipped to keep POV alive}

I'm so out of it, but is Bolland still doing covers? And if this is for all time, then where's Joe Shuster? Bob Kane? Jack Kirby? Steve Ditko? Jim Steranko? John Byrne?

Captain Marvel appears regularly in the pages of the most excellent DC Comic JSA.

Who the heck reads CBG anyway?

Kev

I read CBG... it has its strong and weak points. For a comic addict, it's a good weekly dose of letters, columns, reviews and ads.