• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perfect example of why I ask for scans even on CGC books

14 posts in this topic

For some reason this kind of twisted book doesn't bother some people. Each to his own I guess, but to me it is an ugly book and I wouldn't condider it a NM. Grade should NOT be all about structure IMO. insane.gifmakepoint.gif

WAIT until I scan the X-Men GS 1 in CGC 9.2 I just received in the mail. The shock and revulsion has to wear off before I look at it again, let alone try putting it on the scanning bed without tearing the entire slab and book into pieces. Book looked GREAT in the postage stamp sized scan. The spine has more twists and turns than a Sidney Sheldon novel! Always a real treat to see the staples sticking right through the paper of the front and back covers on books graded 9.2 also, isn't it? mad.gif I've seen squarebounds graded 7.0 that put this POS to shame.

Here is another perfect example of a fake "NM" book. I bought this from Zen Comics w/o any disclosure! 893naughty-thumb.gif Thank God I had a buyer for this piece of 893censored-thumb.gif

mtu6cgc.JPG

This thing is much worse in person

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I'd rather have my 8.5 copy of that book then this 9.4. Man, that is [!@#%^&^] up.

you've changed for the better man! goodevil.gifthey're both ugly books, almost as ugly as bob's hulk 162 in CGC NM/MT 9.8, sorry but i wouldn't touch that with "carlos seneca's" roided out shrunken peepee. 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifacclaim.gif