• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never thought I'd see a DOUBLE COVER like this

35 posts in this topic

With all due respect, wouldn't that miss the whole point? Once it's in the friggin' slab, you can't see what's unique about it. You can't even tell for sure if it has pages, or just an old newspaper folded up inside, for that matter!

Jack

But slabs are magic.

Plant it in the ground and a comic tree will grow, producing many gem mint copies of the slabbed issue!

At last someone explained slabs so that they make sense to me!

Thanks!

Jack

I'd send it to CGC

I wonder how'd they note something like that? Or would they note something like that?

With all due respect, wouldn't that miss the whole point? Once it's in the friggin' slab, you can't see what's unique about it. You can't even tell for sure if it has pages, or just an old newspaper folded up inside, for that matter!

Jack

I didn't say whether he should or shouldn't slab it. My question was just whether they would note the unique double cover error or not.

Ill give you 12 cents for it!

Can't you see it says 5 cents. smirk.gif

Just wondering. Do comics get trimmed by the printer after they are put together and stapled?

Yes. Trimming is the last step in the binding process. Sheet cutting occurs before assembly, but the whole package is trimmed after it is saddle stitched (stapled).

Thanks so much for all the comments. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif This book is kinda on of a kind. Is it worth the effort of grading, if so how would cgc handle the odd double cover. I could allways keep the scans and the pre photos of the double cover.

WEBHEAD

I'd send it to CGC

I wonder how'd they note something like that? Or would they note something like that?

Jack

You can always crack the slab.

I'd send it to CGC

Jack

So why slab it at all....concerned about restoration?

I'd send it to CGC

Jack

So why slab it at all....concerned about restoration?

I guess I would want to know in advance, if the unique qualities of this book would be mentioned on the label before sending it away for grading.

I guess I would want to know in advance, if the unique qualities of this book would be mentioned on the label before sending it away for grading.

And the way to do this is to describe the situation to CGC and ask them, rather than speculate endlessly on an internet message board. frustrated.gif

I would not slab it if I owned it. I would get a kick from looking at it every once and a while. Unless I wanterd to sell it, and then I would make a copy before to show a potential buyer how unigue it is. I have a Thor (#158, I think, or some where around there) comic where the insides are upside down from the cover. I think that is a little more common, though still somewhat unusual. Anyone else have one of those?

And the way to do this is to describe the situation to CGC and ask them, rather than speculate endlessly on an internet message board. frustrated.gif

That goes without saying. I thought I made a logical statement. I don't know why you are so frustrated. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd send it to CGC

Jack

Gee, are you trying to tell me that the Emperor has no clothes! 893whatthe.gif