• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting description...

4 posts in this topic

Here is an interesting description of an X-Men #1 from Neatstuffcollectibles eBay auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/X-MEN-1-Marvel-Silve...1QQcmdZViewItem

X-MEN #1 Marvel Silver Age Comic 1st App Xmen X Men

A beautiful, UNRESTORED X-Men #1 Marvel silver age comic, featuring the 1st appearance of Cyclops, Marvel GIrl, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Professor X and Magneto, in Fine+ condition. Comic lays flat, has vivid colors, tight centerfold, high reflectivity, NO writing on comic, NO spine splits, NO rust on staples, NO panels cut out, NO pieces missing. Pages are OW and supple; three 1/4" tear seals (2 on front cover and one on back); minor speckles of color touch on spine. Guide value is $3,200. Check out NeatStuff's price!

UNRESTORED, but has three 1/4 inch tear seals and color touch on the spine. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here is an interesting description of an X-Men #1 from Neatstuffcollectibles eBay auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/X-MEN-1-Marvel-Silve...1QQcmdZViewItem

X-MEN #1 Marvel Silver Age Comic 1st App Xmen X Men

A beautiful, UNRESTORED X-Men #1 Marvel silver age comic, featuring the 1st appearance of Cyclops, Marvel GIrl, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Professor X and Magneto, in Fine+ condition. Comic lays flat, has vivid colors, tight centerfold, high reflectivity, NO writing on comic, NO spine splits, NO rust on staples, NO panels cut out, NO pieces missing. Pages are OW and supple; three 1/4" tear seals (2 on front cover and one on back); minor speckles of color touch on spine. Guide value is $3,200. Check out NeatStuff's price!

UNRESTORED, but has three 1/4 inch tear seals and color touch on the spine. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Must be "conserved"... makepoint.gifinsane.gif

Jim

sign-funnypost.gif

With most dealers, I'd say it was just a simple typo in the auction, but NeatStuff's auction descriptions always have kind of a tossed-off feeling to them, even on a $5K or $10K book. Which has to make you wonder how careful the grading is. I guess for the volume they handle, they don't spend a lot of time writing up each auction? confused-smiley-013.gif When I look at one of their GA or SA auctions, I rarely see the info I would want to comfortably make a purchase.