• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Annual #25 Preview

31 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm afraid Dan Didio's writers are going to be using Infinite Crisis as the get-out-of-jail-free card for any and all plot problems and continuity messes for the next year!

Other than the how...I liked the Ras and Talia angle Winnick chose. Who better to train Jason Todd than one of Batman's greatest foes daughters(cousins sisters brother). Here comes the why, which is much more interesting as far as characterization goes...that Batman never took revenge on Joker is why Jason is so P.O'd seems to be the only good reason to pit them against each other. And that part, at least, worked for me.

sign-rantpost.gif I thought it was a HUGE cheat. frown.gif

Essentially, they are saying that as a result of Infinite Crisis, for the last umpteen years, there have been reality-distorting waves produced by Superman of Earth-2 (or maybe Superboy-Prime, I can't remember) trying to break out of his dimensional refuge. These reality-distorting waves brought Jason back to life, since he wasn't "supposed" to die, at least in some of the realities brought together by the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. yeahok.gif

So, it's a great big comic-booky resolution to the Jason mystery. I'd buy it as a somewhat-elegant solution for fixing continuity messes associated with Power Girl, Hawkman, or the Legion. But Batman is (or should be mad.gif) too grounded in reality for that kind of thing to play a major role in the mythos.

I don't quite think your reasoning is correct. I recall reading a different interpretation of it.

sign-rantpost.gif I thought it was a HUGE cheat. frown.gif

Essentially, they are saying that as a result of Infinite Crisis, for the last umpteen years, there have been reality-distorting waves produced by Superman of Earth-2 (or maybe Superboy-Prime, I can't remember) trying to break out of his dimensional refuge. These reality-distorting waves brought Jason back to life, since he wasn't "supposed" to die, at least in some of the realities brought together by the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. yeahok.gif

So, it's a great big comic-booky resolution to the Jason mystery. I'd buy it as a somewhat-elegant solution for fixing continuity messes associated with Power Girl, Hawkman, or the Legion. But Batman is (or should be mad.gif) too grounded in reality for that kind of thing to play a major role in the mythos.

I don't quite think your reasoning is correct. I recall reading a different interpretation of it.

Then please give us your break down of the issue.

I agree that the way Jason was brought back to life was VERY 893censored-thumb.gif . Everything else works perfectly thumbsup2.gif, yet after I finished reading it, I was still wondering what the heck made Jason come back to life confused-smiley-013.gif. I mean I think it would have been a better explanation if Ra's daughter pored some of the Lazarus pitt water without Ra's knowing over Jason's grave which woke him up. And since Jason wasn't totally submerged completely in the pitt, that is why he appeared brain damaged screwy.gif.

Ok, finally got around to reading it - didn't look at this thread after it came out so I wouldnt have it spolied for me, anyway.

Ok, the explanation was lame, confusing and for someone who has been following IC, more or less, it was weak. For someone who has not been following (the Bats main title has been, thus far not been affected till now) it would have been impossible to comprehend.

But the events after, IE how he gets out of the coffin, the Ra's angle - Talia chucking him into the pit, etc, etc, his hook up with Hush were great and seemed to fit.

All in all I did not like Jason Todd as Robin and though I didn't vote for his demise, I wasn't sad to see him go. HOWEVER - he makes a great villian and the triangle created between Todd - Joker - Batman is breathing new like into the Batman Joker thing, which was getting real real old.

Bottom Line DC is taking chances right now - well thought out chances and the end result is that they are hitting far more than striking out. thumbsup2.gif