• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Detective 413 in 8.0 or better.

17 posts in this topic

Cannot BELIEVE I missed this one. mad.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/Detective-COMICS-413...1QQcmdZViewItem

$16 foreheadslap.gif

I'll take two!

I have 2....but not for sale...suckas poke2.gif

You overcharge anyway. tongue.gif

I sold some books to October so that dispells your outrageous claim already. Greggy wins again. yay.gif

Title says it all. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Can't you guys even tell the difference between a Good Adams cover and a Bad one? makepoint.gif

Actually...this was somewhat of a grail of mine. As a young lad, my mother bought me #412 as well as a bunch of other comics to read on a vacation trip to the Florida Keys. The back-up featured Batgirl fighting a gal who used wigs to mind-control others to do her bidding. I was annoyed to no end at the time the story ended in a cliffhanger with a wig on Batgirl's head...

Fast forward 30 years...the story long forgotten, I picked up a nice copy of #412 at my LCS due to the nice Adams cover. Read the issue, didn't remember the Batman story but the Batgirl story immediately brought back the flood of memories. Afterwards, I had to have a copy of #413...and finally got one off of eBay. I finally, in 1998, got to read the finale after all that time. Not to mention solving something that annoyed me greatly as a child.

Comics are great aren't they!

Jim