• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINAL 24 HOURS TO VOTE - CGC FORUM TOP 20 BRONZE AGE COVERS

24 posts in this topic

The deadline is Tomorrow (Feb 23) 12 Noon Pacific Standard Time to vote for your favorite Bronze Age covers. For a complete list of Comic Book Covers Nominated click on the LINK TO NOMINATIONS LIST AND SCANS OF ALL THE BOOKS. Placing are far from set with many books leading by very small margins. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks to everyone who participated so far - the response has been great. thumbsup2.gif

SPAM

YEAH, wheres our greatest copper age cover of all time contest thingy?

No kidding... in fact, having looked through a huge number of my Copper books recently, I think they may be the finest of all the various ages of comics. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

SPAM

No kidding... in fact, having looked through a huge number of my Copper books recently, I think they may be the finest of all the various ages of comics. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I totally agree, there are some amazing Copper Age covers - I will say that it is A LOT OF WORK to run an accurate poll.

SPAM

I totally agree, there are some amazing Copper Age covers - I will say that it is A LOT OF WORK to run an accurate poll.

But well worth repeating surely? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifsmirk.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Especially when the majority of people are apathetic to the results or process of something that is obvious to any who follow the hobby.

Especially when the majority of people are apathetic to the results or process of something that is obvious to any who follow the hobby.

So you are speaking for the majority now? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, let's see blowhard, how many comic users do you think are users on the boards? Jdud said he had 70+ responses. You work out the percentage.

Just because you feeeling like playing the role of lapdog, doesn't mean everyone shares your opinion. Just looking at some of the responses to his spamming it should be apparent that some people do not care about it.

I don't really care how you and him enjoy yourselves, I am just suggesting that he not spam the boards outside of the scope of his poll.

I am just suggesting that he not spam the boards outside of the scope of his poll.

Suggesting is one thing, trolling is another. Maybe you should try being a bit more cordial and a bit less confrontational.

I am just suggesting that he not spam the boards outside of the scope of his poll.

Suggesting is one thing, trolling is another. Maybe you should try being a bit more cordial and a bit less confrontational.

Regardless of how I post it, jdud will always take it the wrong way. He knows he spammed the boards, but did it anyway.

I don't object to the "spamming" so much as to the many rules. Wouldn't it be easier to simply have a thread where folks post images of their favorite covers (i.e., nominations) and then a second poll thread where we simply click on our choices and vote? All of this e-mailing to two different people and having to choose (3 of 5 or whatever) our own nominations was a big turnoff to me. I know that JBud put a lot of effort into this and i hate to criticize - so please consider this constructive - but it kind of took the fun out of it for me. It's not like we're giving out a statue or a monetary prize or that the results need to be kept hidden in a mayo jar on Funk & Wagnall's back porch...

The reason for the rules is quite simple - it allows for reliability and validity in results. Having been around for three years I can tell you that the poll function is only as accurate as the amount of shills that DO NOT PARTICIPATE - and trust me there are a lot of them.

The rules are only as complex as you want them to be. You can nominate 3 books and vote for 5 books. So essentially from a minimal effort level you have to float me one PM with your five votes and then send the same PM to FFB. That takes about 1 minute tops.

Look I didnt expect everyone to participate. But how many times has the fav covers thing come up. People will post a few and then it trails off. I tried to compile a survey of the board members and have them make tough choices, so as to narrow it down and get some indication of the consensus of a group of comic collectors. People that chose not too particpate, hey thats their decision and I have no problem with it. For those that did I hoped they had some fun looking at the selection and deciding which covers they liked best - some commented that the choices they made surprised even them 27_laughing.gif and I have to say that my final 5 votes were not the ones that I thought I would votes for when the idea first struck me.

Anyway all I can assure you is that the method of selection and voting will result in a very accurate poll among the ppl surveyed. Over the past 20 days I ahve made myself available to anyone and everyone who had questions regarding the process and I believe in every instance I was able to make them understand that the rules were put in place for one reason and one reason only - to ensure that the results had as much validity as possible so that everyone that did choose to participate in the exercise knew that their participation was treated exactly the same as everybody else's regardless of who they were, or what their history on the boards, or in the hobby was.

SPAM

I agree. And not because this was the era i collected in. They just seem to jump out at you without being too over the top.

Well, let's see blowhard, how many comic users do you think are users on the boards? Jdud said he had 70+ responses. You work out the percentage.

Just because you feeeling like playing the role of lapdog, doesn't mean everyone shares your opinion. Just looking at some of the responses to his spamming it should be apparent that some people do not care about it.

I don't really care how you and him enjoy yourselves, I am just suggesting that he not spam the boards outside of the scope of his poll.

Rick while I agree that you have a point about the spam and I PMed Arch to take them down, I find it somewhat hypocritical that YOU of all people is making the assertion. How many discussions have you hijacked with your inane banter and useless conjecture over the years? Look at yourself and make the change bro'.

Boo hoo! Mean ol' Jbud is cross-posting! Someone call the Moderator! For God's sake, call the Moderator!

Just give it a rest, Deathlok. Your "chronic a-hole" persona is as played-out as your Sunday Best sweatpants.

Boo hoo! Mean ol' Jbud is cross-posting! Someone call the Moderator! For God's sake, call the Moderator!

Just give it a rest, Deathlok. Your "chronic a-hole" persona is as played-out as your Sunday Best sweatpants.

I always though Deathlok was you Mr Khaos.

I always though Deathlok was you Mr Khaos.

mad.gif

You mean you thought I was traipsing around here, all brilliant, beautiful, likeable and witty in one persona... and Deathlok in the other??

27_laughing.gif

Mr. Likeable himself calling me an a-hole. 27_laughing.gif

That made my morning. 27_laughing.gif

Rick while I agree that you have a point about the spam and I PMed Arch to take them down, I find it somewhat hypocritical that YOU of all people is making the assertion. How many discussions have you hijacked with your inane banter and useless conjecture over the years? Look at yourself and make the change bro'.

The only threads that have been filled with what you have called inane banter were ones that were dead to begin with or threads that had run their course.

When Arch had Greggy and I stop our graemlin wars, all of a sudden everyone started complainint the boards were too mean-spirited and that they should be more civil.

Like it or not, the graemlin wars allow people to have fun, and joke around. This builds comeraderie among collectors. Scrolling past these does not take that long, as I have my settings at 99 posts per page. Reading these is not a concern, because I don't read them, there isn't a need to.

I have never, never, never, posted the same thread in multiple forums. Ever.

I think you take your own project a little too seriously.