• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age Keys

104 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I noticed in the Silver and Bronze message boards they have lists of comics keys. Was wondering if we could list the Copper Age Keys?

I know we talk about the usual ones like ASM 300, Miracleman 15, and TMNT #1 in other threads. Maybe there are other keys popping up and we could make an easy list for all of us Copper Heads to access.

ok my mind is super slow today. I am sure I know the answer but cant think of it.

What is SOTST 20.

I fully agree with Primer 2.........but Deathstroke has come and gone other times.

I for one do not see that book keeping its current value

However, I am wrong many more times then i am correct smile.gif

I always think of SOTST 20 and 21 like Hulk 180 and 181.

SOTST 20 is Moore's first issue and important for that reason - HOWEVER he is really just tying up loose ends in that story.

SOTST 21 - (The Anatomy Lesson) is in my mind Moore's first original -script and for that reason - along with the classic EC Themed Yeates cover, is a much more important and substantial issue tham Issue 20.

To my mind the 2 uber keys in the SOTST run are - #21 and #37.

I always think of SOTST 20 and 21 like Hulk 180 and 181.

SOTST 20 is Moore's first issue and important for that reason - HOWEVER he is really just tying up loose ends in that story.

SOTST 21 - (The Anatomy Lesson) is in my mind Moore's first original -script and for that reason - along with the classic EC Themed Yeates cover, is a much more important and substantial issue tham Issue 20.

To my mind the 2 uber keys in the SOTST run are - #21 and #37.

thumbsup2.gif

Is Miracleman 15 really considered a key? I know it's a tough issue to find, but other than its "rarity" is there anything special about it?

I'd rather consider MM 1 a key even though it's worth less.

Miracleman has a great storyline but it is frikkin' violent. I think that hurts it some similar to the way R rated films never pull in the super big bucks like the PG ones. Not that I don't enjoy R films I'm just saying that I think this holds for comics also. The Swampy stories are good ones. SW21 has the better story but if you put both issues up SW20 will beat SW21 everytime because its still Moore's frikkin' first iss.

i don't think Wolverine 10 is a key, it's just broken out in the Guide because of the Sabretooth fight, and at the time was considered the first fight between the two from a continuity standpoint.

but its effect has been weakened i would think...hm

I think 10 is the biggest key from the first series. More so than 1.

Speaking of Wolverine can someone tell me the deal with #90. It has that awesome wrap-around cover of Wolvie Vs Sabertooth. I remember the last panel had Logan with his claws going through Sabertooth's head in the last panel. What happened next?