• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my "I can't believe it showed up" Green Lantern #76!

15 posts in this topic

Hello all...OCTOBER will be the second-most amazed person here (besides me) to see this posted for grading. To make a long story shorty, Andy and I both bid on this about two months ago on eBay. It was a small scan but looked really nice. I won and paid right away but never heard squat from the seller. I filed a chargeback and got most of my money back from Paypal a few weeks ago, and several others who won other auctions did as well. The was NARU'd recently and I figured that was the end of it...but lo and behold...this shows up in my mailbox the other day! I am absolutely flabbergasted! But anyway, please let me know what you think. It is not quite as nice as I had hoped...the primary offender being the faint 3" crease on the lower left corner of the back. There are some bends and dings here and there that you can see on the scan, and it has beautiful bright white pages.

GreenLantern.jpg

GreenLanternB.jpg

Hello all...OCTOBER will be the second-most amazed person here (besides me) to see this posted for grading. To make a long story shorty, Andy and I both bid on this about two months ago on eBay. It was a small scan but looked really nice. I won and paid right away but never heard squat from the seller. I filed a chargeback and got most of my money back from Paypal a few weeks ago, and several others who won other auctions did as well. The was NARU'd recently and I figured that was the end of it...but lo and behold...this shows up in my mailbox the other day! I am absolutely flabbergasted! But anyway, please let me know what you think. It is not quite as nice as I had hoped...the primary offender being the faint 3" crease on the lower left corner of the back. There are some bends and dings here and there that you can see on the scan, and it has beautiful bright white pages.

So basically you scammed the owner out of the auction money? confused-smiley-013.gif

So basically you scammed the owner out of the auction money? confused-smiley-013.gif

The auction ended months ago and the seller didn't return a single one of his emails. How long would you have waited before filing a chargeback? There is a time limit on doing it I think. confused-smiley-013.gif

The auction ended months ago, the seller didn't return a single one of his emails, and got NARUed all before he filed the chargeback.

I understand what happened, but the end result is he got a comic book he didn't pay for (or at least the full amount.)

The auction ended months ago, the seller didn't return a single one of his emails, and got NARUed all before he filed the chargeback.

I understand what happened, but the end result is he got a comic book he didn't pay for (or at least the full amount.)

True, but Greg is a stand-up guy. I am sure he will work it out.

Uh, I guess that is one way to look at it yeahok.gif

But no, I reversed the chargeback as soon as I received the comic. He stiffed several other buyers and got kicked off eBay and never once communicated with ANY of the the auction winners (I checked with them all). I know everybody filed chargebacks against him as well, so IMO he is lucky if he gets more back from anyone else.

A very weird situation and I'd love to know what the whole story is...

But back to the grading thing...what do you think? confused-smiley-013.gif

6.0, too much spine stress to go higher. Great cover colors. Very glad this worked out for you! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

I may be biased, but it looks so nice in hand I just can't knock it any lower than a 6.5, especially since I have a PGX 6.0 copy that doesn't look nearly as good... confused-smiley-013.gif

I know what you mean. FWIW, it's the big ding at bottom spine and the back cover crease that makes me drop it below 6.5, as the spine stresses overall aren't as bad. But either way, it's the best kind of mid-grade book, with bright colors and flaws that are out of the way of the image area. Congrats again!