• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC question

11 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

When looking at a slabbed book, there is a number above the bar code. I've seen some of you mention (when trying to spot a scam) that the number doesn't match the comic supposedly contained in the book............ so there must be a way to search those numbers to see what correspondes to. Where to do I find that information?

In other words, one of my questions when considering a slabbed book is "how can I be sure that this is going to be the actual book that matches the label?" And one thing that came to my mind was that code and how I've seen others using.

Any words of wisdom?

But they wouldn't give those out to just anyone ............. ?

How do you approach it? If you're looking at a book from someone online, what things would you look for to be confident in your mind that it hasn't been tampered with? (yes, yes. Other than 'know your seller' lol)

Actually, you call and say I would like graders notes on certification # etc. Yes, they do give those out to anyone. It's part of the deal. Would hardly do to buy a graded book and not know if it is legit, would it?

Well, keep an eye out here on the boards. If you have a question about a "Suspicious" comic on an ebay auction, post it and get the forum members opinions. Just be reasonable about it.

Just take everything I say to you with a grain of salt and you will be fine!!

Or you could just put him on "ignore". poke2.gif

I tried to put Deathlok on ignore.

Instead of seeing the message

"You are ignoring this user"

I get the message

"The user you are ignoring, refuses to be ignored"

How is this possible?

Arch?

Ze-

Just take everything I say to you with a grain of salt and you will be fine!!

Or you could just put him on "ignore". poke2.gif

I tried to put Deathlok on ignore.

Instead of seeing the message

"You are ignoring this user"

I get the message

"The user you are ignoring, refuses to be ignored"

How is this possible?

Arch?

Ze-

sumo.gif