• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new collection/passion comics related...

89 posts in this topic

The (very nice) magazines published here are in French, those from UK are in english of course...altough the magazines are also a very nice bonus, the important is really the statues. wink.gif

regards

ps- More, if you're thinking on buying from UK, brace yourself for heavy shipping costs...i think it's preferable to hunt these beauties down in france or in another country whre the shipping is much more affordable (even if that means not having the magazines in english). flowerred.gif

Yes i agree. Americans are better off getting them in French. Simply because they would need the English ones translated to American where as with the French magazines they wouldn't bother trying to read them insane.gif

The (very nice) magazines published here are in French, those from UK are in english of course...altough the magazines are also a very nice bonus, the important is really the statues. wink.gif

regards

ps- More, if you're thinking on buying from UK, brace yourself for heavy shipping costs...i think it's preferable to hunt these beauties down in france or in another country whre the shipping is much more affordable (even if that means not having the magazines in english). flowerred.gif

Yes i agree. Americans are better off getting them in French. Simply because they would need the English ones translated to American where as with the French magazines they wouldn't bother trying to read them insane.gif

27_laughing.gif

one thing to everyone interested...there are already a few statues that have been gathering a lot of attention/bids, sending the prices slowly up!!!

i remember seeing for ex: the spidey (first statue that costed around 4$) being sold at the end for 20$!!!

An open invitation to all the members: if you want to buy some of these statues i don't mind hunting them down for you, only charging of course the statue price + shipping... flowerred.gif

Oh and i might be able to track down a couple of "english versions" for the fans who want their magazines in english. wink.gif

Fell free to PM me if interested...

regards

I know Daredevil is out. I've seen him.

UK edition is currently at issue #13 (yes, this is DD), french edition is now at #5 (Magneto).

We can found UK edition in France (mostly in comics shop) but i rather prefer to have the book in french language thumbsup2.gif

UK edition is currently at issue #13 (yes, this is DD), french edition is now at #5 (Magneto).

We can found UK edition in France (mostly in comics shop) but i rather prefer to have the book in french language thumbsup2.gif

Hey i have DD 1 in French language in special origine strange do you want it David ?

27_laughing.gif

Hey i have DD 1 in French language in special origine strange do you want it David ?

27_laughing.gif

Aaaah Strange Special Origin cloud9.gif I have a complete run (I believe) sitting in my parents' attic. What a crazy way to publish the Marvel Universe Index. Do you remember those that had the insert flash cards?

27_laughing.gif

Aaaah Strange Special Origin cloud9.gif I have a complete run (I believe) sitting in my parents' attic. What a crazy way to publish the Marvel Universe Index. Do you remember those that had the insert flash cards?

oh yes i remember them, as soon as i get them from my local shop i cut them from the book , really a pleasure to own all these cards in a box, i loose the box now and books without those cards worth tonofbricks.gif

but i remember first time i 've seen one of my preferred s.a cover FF 4 , it was the only one french comic where we could find originals covers cloud9.gif

don't those wood magazine files eat too much space?

You certainly lost storage space using thoses boxes, but i think that the collection looks great.

are they heavy?

No.

i presume you must put some backboards in both ends of the interior of the files to prevent the last comics from being "crushed/creased" up, no?!

Exact thumbsup2.gif

are these more affordable in the long therm than buying comics boxs?

No. Thoses boxes are quite expensive.

Have you read/heard about the possibly long therm line up?!

The only thing i know is that there's a small text written on all the mags: "We can stop this collection at any moment, depending of the sales".

So everybody must buy !

never thought to see such a nice and affordable coll. featuring such great characters...a fanboys kid dream don't you think?!

No. My kid dream was my collection of Playmobil. I sold it a few years ago. They were the first Playmobils ever done (in the 70's). Sold all of them $100 in a "garage sales" a few years ago. They worth 5 times this price foreheadslap.gif

Thanks.

I now keep my comics collection in this closed storage system.

I also put the comics in magazine files bought from Ikea (made from untreated wood).

12627_PE043211_S3.jpg

Dave, that's so funny...I live here in NYC but I use those exact same IKEA magazine boxes for my golden age books. I love the feel of the untreated wood, and the ease of being able to pull out a small file and browse it easily rather than rummaging through a larger box. Plus they just look great on the shelves. Here in the US, IKEA is an absolute lifesaver if you're on a budget...the furniture & accessories are 1/3 the price of most American equivalents, and are of comparable quality or even a bit better. Nice photo of your collection!

True thumbsup2.gif

And golden age books should fit perfectly. The boxes are a little too large for silver age books.

oh yes i remember them, as soon as i get them from my local shop i cut them from the book , really a pleasure to own all these cards in a box, i loose the box now and books without those cards worth tonofbricks.gif

but i remember first time i 've seen one of my preferred s.a cover FF 4 , it was the only one french comic where we could find originals covers cloud9.gif

Yeah, I really liked that series. I didn't want to miss any issue to have a complete set of the Marvel Universe descriptions + weren't it in there that they had Kirby Thor or Tales of Asgard reprints? Those were great issues.

Yeah, I really liked that series. I didn't want to miss any issue to have a complete set of the Marvel Universe descriptions + weren't it in there that they had Kirby Thor or Tales of Asgard reprints? Those were great issues.

i think so, all my strange origines are in a box in my cellar, but i remenber there was tales of asgard , cloud9.gif

Aaaah Strange Special Origin cloud9.gif I have a complete run (I believe) sitting in my parents' attic.

Me too thumbsup2.gif

And i am the original purchaser. Most of them still have their cards inserted.

you didn't cut them ???893whatthe.gif

Me neither confused-smiley-013.gif They are still in my books as well.

Here's some new figures I just picked up tonight. I thought these were cool and I think they are only available here in Japan. Put out by a company called Happinet.

ebaypictures372.jpg

Here's the side (I think these are the first two, I hope more are on their way).

ebaypictures384.jpg

Here's the back:

ebaypictures385.jpg

here's a pic i saw from a french site...

hulkchose.jpg

Man, I'd love to have those. I've deliberately NOT gotten into statues, because I know that once I start collecting.....

YOU SHOULD GO FOR IT!

the statues overral are very well done and the price really affordable (with what you pay to have one full bowen statue you'll have almost this entire coll.). thumbsup2.gif

this was made for fans with small pockets but with big hearts. cloud9.gif

regards

to everyone

since i'm a good fella (and the weather is lousy and have some free time) i've scaned the book that comes with these figurines...

This one is for the SS one...like having an complete "official handbook" big comic for free (and with top notch paper quality too).

so here it is ladies and gents. hope you enjoy it

img040.jpg

img041.jpg

img042.jpg

img044.jpg