• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alert: Art from Ultimates v2 #10 "missing"

7 posts in this topic

news.gif

Rich, Bryan Hitch's rep, sent an email out to Bryan's Yahoo! list today with the following bad news. If anyone sees any of these pages please contact Rich.

Well we've waited long enough and it looks like the situation will not get any better so it's time to tell you all.....

The last package from Bryan to me arrived damaged and open. Missing from the package are:

from Ultimates2 #10 pages 1-7, 10-23.

20 pages of Paul Neary's pencils on Captain America. I don't have a list but there were pages from issue 292.

We consider these pages lost but if you should see or hear of any of them available for purchase then consider them stolen property.

On the bright side, this Wednesday I will have pages 8&9, 24-27 for sale at 11:30 AM smile.gif

Take care and keep your eyes open for these pages for us.

Richard DeDominicis

sales@theartofcomics.com

The Art of Comics

www.theartofcomics.com

That is just wrong. I hope the freaking SOBs who stole those get hung by their sneakers!!!

The worst part is they get to read most of the story before us honest comic buyers can.

Crime shouldn't pay! 893censored-thumb.gif

this sucks bryan is a real good guy. He does alot for the industry. For this to happen to him is horrible. But it happens all the time. In recent history it has happened to Dexter Vines and Mark Morales. In the past it has happened to Neal Adams, Kaluta, Wrightson, and many more. Art dealers get robbed al the time as well. This is just so sad thet this kind of stuff happens. It almost makes people affraid to buy or sell art.

That is just wrong. I hope the freaking SOBs who stole those get hung by their sneakers!!!

The worst part is they get to read most of the story before us honest comic buyers can.

Crime shouldn't pay! 893censored-thumb.gif

Actually they can't read the story b/c all of the words are digital. The art is just pictures.

Hitch said he and Neary are thinking about recreating the missing art (and of course noting they are reproductions) if they have time.

BTW, the pages (and cover) that are not missing are up for sale now... http://www.theartofcomics.com/u17.htm

news.gif

Well, well, well... it looks like FedEx is on the ball and recovered the lost art. Rich just sent out this update.

yay.gif

Some of you may remember me posting a few months ago that the package

containing Ultimates2 #10 arrived open and most of issue 10 was

missing. There were also quite a few Paul Neary Captain America pages

lost at this time as well.

So, Marvel rings Hitchy up and askes if he's missing any artwork smile.gif.

Seems after 6 months missing FedEx turned up the artwork (minus one

page). They had the smarts to look at the art and see the company

name "Marvel" on them so of course they sent them to Marvel!

All arrived today safe and sound and surprisingly in perfect condition.

I'll have issue 10 pages online for your viewing pleasure ASAP.

I love a happy ending smile.gif