• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales to Astonish 57 - grade please

8 posts in this topic

I attach the front cover scan but I do not know how to attach two scans simultaneously - I will post the back cover next. Very glossy front cover. OW/W pages. I have darkened the images manually to reduce the bleaching effect - I hope

Thanks

Alan

1124585-scan0013a.jpg

1124585-scan0013a.jpg.4159c5d2879642fdf85afaeff2fbcbbc.jpg

Hi Alan, stunning book! ....but your scans are a bit fuzzy which makes it tough to fine-tune in the high grades. The book's spine and edges are amazing. Is that a mark/scratch above the word "wonderful"? Barring anything unforseen which isn't visible in the scans, easy 9.2 with a shot at 9.4. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to both of you for the comments. I have just purchased an HP 4850 scanjet scanner for UK £90. The high resolution images look great but the files are huge (my first "play" gave me a 6GB file!!!). When I come to JPEG my files down to 100 KB or so, I am losing quality badly. I have already noted the images are not as good as other people's on these boards. I will sort this out before I post any more images.

Thanks

Alan

insane.gif my favourite graemlin

Alan

Here's what I do. I resize the original scan using Photoshop : In the file menu, click to save your file for the web. In the new window you will find an option to optimize your file for a given size file. Select the file size that you feel is appropriate (500-600k works for my scan), then save this file under a new name. This will be the file that you will download in your photoalbum (I use Photobucket)

In Photobucket below each scan you will have three way of importing the image. Use the lower one, starting with . It's easy. Just copy this link and past it directly in your Post on the message board (and you can of course paste more than one link in the same post). That's it!

Hope it helps!