• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This cover rules! (Zeck has some sweet covers on this)

7 posts in this topic

There has been no mention of Mick Zeck in any of the best artist/ best cover galleries recently, but in my view he is one of the most under-rated artists out there. His cover to Captain America Ann #8 (vs. Wolverine) is AWESOME. acclaim.gif

His work on the original Punisher mini-series is also pretty spectacular. The guy doesn't get enough credit IMHO. cool.gif

Attached is my favortie recom . ..

That is awesome! Loved that cover w/ Spidey! Equally as stunning w/ Bats!

Thanks for the link! Zeck was always one of my favorites. I remember one show I was at (I was probably 13 or 14) and he was one of the guests. I waited in line for over 2 hrs. for a sketch and there were still like 30 people in front of me. My father got tired of waiting around! Never got that Zeck sketch. frown.gif

Chris

That is awesome! Loved that cover w/ Spidey! Equally as stunning w/ Bats!

Thanks for the link! Zeck was always one of my favorites. I remember one show I was at (I was probably 13 or 14) and he was one of the guests. I waited in line for over 2 hrs. for a sketch and there were still like 30 people in front of me. My father got tired of waiting around! Never got that Zeck sketch.

That's dedication!! grin.gif

I just actually bought this piece from him:

Az 93 Cover

My mom told me that it came in the mail yesterday too! I can't wait to get home to see it!

I am starting to throw my hat into the whole comic art scene - so far it's been a lot of fun!

BTW - I would recommend that you all take a look at the Heritage preview to the SD aution - they have 3 Zeck covers - one Deathstroke the Terminator, one GI Joe, and the cover to Secret Wars 12 . . .

Zeck Heritage