• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree, Collection or just a great find???

48 posts in this topic

Ok, here is a sample of some of the sketches. I believe there are also pages somewhere as they are on a list I found within the stuff.

This is an Enemy Ace sketch by Kubert, it is laminated:

Kubert1.jpg

Here's a Vision??? sketch by Neal Adams, it is framed (not laminated):

NealAdams1.jpg

Here's a Green Arrow by Adams, again laminated:

NealAdams2.jpg

Not sure of who this is, but it's nice! And it is framed, not laminated. Neal Adams:

NealAdams3.jpg

Comics....

I don't want to jump the gun on releasing all of the news and numbers and such, but here is a sample of the collection:

Bronze...

Sandman1F.jpg

Sandman1B.jpg

Modern...

NewTeenTitans2F.jpg

Silver...

TeenTitans21.jpg

Again, this is just a sample of the loot!

I need to sort, sort , sort! But I can't right now because i have purchased a large Golden Disney collection for a dear friend of mine and need to get to that... customer service first and foremost!

Stay tuned and feel free to bombard me with questions and requests...

Thanks!

John thumbsup2.gif

That first sketch by Adams is Deadman, not Vision. The third Adams sketch is Black Canary. How appropriate that it should come right after the one of Green Arrow.

Cool stuff!

Thanks for the info thumbsup2.gif

I am just so swamped with everything I have no idea who's who anymore!!!

I have a neat Neal Adams index with sketches, commentary by Neal and other cool stuff. It was printed in 1979 and is in awesome shape!

Front:

AdamsIndexF.jpg

Back:

AdamsIndexB.jpg

Again... pretty cool!!!

Over at my storage facility I have another 3 boxes of books and related. I know there is a more up-to-date Adams checklist book there.

If anyone has any intrest in any of this stuff, or anything you think I may have... feel free to inquire smile.gif I have been getting many PM's and will try to help everyone out the best I can smile.gif

Thanks!

John thumbsup2.gif

I have a neat Neal Adams index with sketches, commentary by Neal and other cool stuff. It was printed in 1979 and is in awesome shape!

Front:

AdamsIndexF.jpg

Back:

AdamsIndexB.jpg

The top Adams sketch is from the Off-Broadway 3 part sci-fi/fantasy play called Warp, for which Adams was the artistic director.

Your find wouldn't by any chance include a 5-6 foot Adams poster for the Warp play? If so, I'd pay handsomely for it.

WoW!!!

Lots of want lists have come in! I am wondering how to approach this. Should I pick and choose who to sell to, or have an auction type listing in the market place?

I don't believe anything will happen for at least the week. Much to my disliking I still have to have my full time job!

Keep the lists coming and keep an eye on the marketplace this week for a couple of items here and there smile.gif

Thanks to all who have responded...

John thumbsup2.gif

If the Teen Titans 21 that you posted is representative of the grades for SA and earlier books, the collection is probably not of pedigree quality. But still looks like an interesting collection, particularly because of the sketches. What is the story behind them? Most look like sketches that the owner got done at a con or something?

WoW!!!

Lots of want lists have come in! I am wondering how to approach this. Should I pick and choose who to sell to, or have an auction type listing in the market place?

I don't believe anything will happen for at least the week. Much to my disliking I still have to have my full time job!

Keep the lists coming and keep an eye on the marketplace this week for a couple of items here and there smile.gif

Thanks to all who have responded...

John thumbsup2.gif

Another PM is about to clutter your PM box. foreheadslap.gif

If the Teen Titans 21 that you posted is representative of the grades for SA and earlier books, the collection is probably not of pedigree quality. But still looks like an interesting collection, particularly because of the sketches. What is the story behind them? Most look like sketches that the owner got done at a con or something?

I figured as much, but you know what??? I don't care! And I'm not trying to be smart smile.gif I jst was wondering what it took to become one. After researching some of the Pedigrees and such, I soon realized this wouldn't cut it... maybe one day I'll find one!!!

It is still an awesome find that will keep me busy for a while to come. I thought the sketches, newspaper cliipngs, fanzines and all the like were quite cool as well. It's not everyday you stumble upon a collection like this. I'm just happy I did!

I am close to having the stock I want to have to go live with www.thecomicguys.com I've been hoarding comics of all titles and conditions for the last 6 months. Those, with my collection, will allow me to put up a site which will have something for everyone! I just never realized how much work it is! Soon though... soon smile.gif

Again, thanks for all who have inquired and I am answering the requests as fast as I can smile.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

I was wondering how long it would take jealousy to rear itself.

I was wondering how long it would take jealousy to rear itself.

hi.gif

If you are looking for some Deathlok Issues... I've probably got 'em! Let me know if you have any that you are looking to replace...

John thumbsup2.gif

If you are looking for some Deathlok Issues... I've probably got 'em! Let me know if you have any that you are looking to replace...

John thumbsup2.gif

Only Astonishing Tales #25. cloud9.gif

yeahok.gif