• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 2 Movie is TOAST

208 posts in this topic

get a better director like Sam Raimi or Bryan Singer

27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

The guy who directed "The Hulk" already has 2 Best Director nominations and probably will own an Oscar before the night of March 5 is out, something Raimi and Singer would likely sell their souls for.

Ang Lee has never, EVER been a good director. "The Ice Storm" was passable, but his other films have traditionally been as flat, unimaginative and uninspired as any other examples of mainstream junk out there.

Don't buy the hype.

get a better director like Sam Raimi or Bryan Singer

27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

The guy who directed "The Hulk" already has 2 Best Director nominations and probably will own an Oscar before the night of March 5 is out, something Raimi and Singer would likely sell their souls for.

That doesn't mean he can direct a superhero film.

Everyone has their limits.

respectfully disagree. Ang Lee is a very capable director.

CAL hi.gif

I neglected to mention that I enjoyed some of the technical aspects of "The Hulk", but emotionally it was as empty as Deathlok's sense of self-worth.

Regardless, Cal, which of his movies have you liked?

If I may rank the Marvel Movies that I have seen:

Best to worst:

1) Daredevil( by a wide margin - wider margin that the airspace of that missed Vanderjagt field goal in the COLTS's loss to STEELERS);

foreheadslap.gif

CAL hi.gif

Agree w/CAL. ICE STORM, SENSE & SENSIBILITY, BROKEBACK are all exquisite pieces of filmmaking. Ang has one of the deftest touches with emotional drama of anyone working today. It may not be your cuppa tea, though (obviously). I also agree that mainstream superhero stuff is not his forte, but to knock his talents as a director is foolish imo...

CAL hi.gif

Agree w/CAL. ICE STORM, SENSE & SENSIBILITY, BROKEBACK are all exquisite pieces of filmmaking. Ang has one of the deftest touches with emotional drama of anyone working today. It may not be your cuppa tea, though (obviously). I also agree that mainstream superhero stuff is not his forte, but to knock his talents as a director is foolish imo...

]

I don't think anyone is knocking talents as a director. The choices he made and the direction he chose to take Hulk were wrong. From what we have seen, he sucks as a superhero director.

CAL hi.gif

]

I don't think anyone is knocking talents as a director. The choices he made and the direction he chose to take Hulk were wrong. From what we have seen, he sucks as a superhero director.

Quote from Illiterati...

Ang Lee has never, EVER been a good director.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I just saw the Hulk last weekend and thought it was pretty good. I wasn’t expecting it to be as dark as it was; there’s nothing like a good downer movie. Granted, it diverged from the book but it succeeded on its own.

Daredevil gets my vote as the worst. Maybe if I hadn’t been trapped on a plane watching it… Nah! I still woulda hated it.

I just saw the Hulk last weekend and thought it was pretty good. I wasn’t expecting it to be as dark as it was; there’s nothing like a good downer movie. Granted, it diverged from the book but it succeeded on its own.

Daredevil gets my vote as the worst. Maybe if I hadn’t been trapped on a plane watching it… Nah! I still woulda hated it.

If you like true downer movies, can I suggest...

House of Sand and Fog

Requiem for a Dream

Leaving Las Vegas

In the Name of the Father

American History X

Million Dollar Baby

Mystic River

Apocalypse Now

All are fantastic films (though Mystic River didn't do much for me), but they will have you reaching for the Zoloft about halfway through. 27_laughing.gif

I actually didn't think Daredevil was that bad - parts of it were horrible, but it had some decent stuff too. I'd rather watch it again than Fantastic Four or Batman 3 & 4.

If I may rank the Marvel Movies that I have seen:

Best to worst:

1) Daredevil( by a wide margin - wider margin that the airspace of that missed Vanderjagt field goal in the COLTS's loss to STEELERS);

foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, I stopped reading right there too. 27_laughing.gif

CAL hi.gif

]

Quote from Illiterati...

Ang Lee has never, EVER been a good director.

confused-smiley-013.gif

So one guy is.

I actually didn't think Daredevil was that bad - parts of it were horrible, but it had some decent stuff too. I'd rather watch it again than Fantastic Four or Batman 3 & 4.

I have to agree, Daredevil was an okay movie. Not great, mind ya, but not as bad as Fantastic Four. I liked parts of FF and Hulk, but over all, they left a lot to be desired. And I have to agree with others, Lee may be great with other subject matter, but when it comes to the superhero/comic book movie he just didn't have it.

thank god

Amen brother. hail.gif

They should have stopped making Hulk movies, after the original one. That was a classic.

Am I missing some sarcasm here...

How many movies do you believe have been produced?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm talking about the original movie around 1980

CAL hi.gif

I can't speak to "Sense & Sensibility", but Ice Storm was merely adequate and Brokeback sucked out loud.

Lee is the master of cliche. The problems that people had with his "Hulk" movie were the same problems that he has in ALL of his movies.

thank god

Amen brother. hail.gif

They should have stopped making Hulk movies, after the original one. That was a classic.

Am I missing some sarcasm here...

How many movies do you believe have been produced?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm talking about the original movie around 1980

the 1977 TV movie (the kicker before the tv show) with Bill Bixby...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif