• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver/Bronze DC Suggestions

41 posts in this topic

Ok, so, I'm pretty much a Marvel guy only 800 of my 4600 books are DC. BUT because of this board and some of the amazing covers and conversations posted, I beginning to explore the 'other side'

So my question to you is : what Silver and Bronze age DCs would you recommend? I cant afford the huge dollar books but I'm looking for good artwork and fun reads...Thanks!

ooh man, see that's where I have most of my DC's..the war books inparticular G.I. Combat, sadly many of those are absolutely beat and have been read to death and I don't even count them in my inventory but man are they awesome, and I have over the past couple of years gone back and bought much nicer copies..they bring back the best memories cloud9.gif

I know Zip about Deadman, but I always thought he was a cool looking character, the Spectre as well

Spectre is my favorite character and you can get all the issues at a decent price...also check out the Showcase issues with his appearance...

Start here and here. These threads (and the books in them) should keep you occupied for the next 17 years or so.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...ge=0#Post451452

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...ge=0#Post799725

October, thanks for these links especially the Bronze Batman! Making several nice notes from that thread...and the Batman #227 is definitely on my list now...awesome cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I know Zip about Deadman, but I always thought he was a cool looking character, the Spectre as well

Spectre is my favorite character and you can get all the issues at a decent price...also check out the Showcase issues with his appearance...

thanks ArAich! any particular issues that really stick out to you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The -c to 61 is awesome. cloud9.gif

thanks ArAich! any particular issues that really stick out to you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There were only a few Showcases with Spectre..#60 & 61 + 1 or 2 more and the Spectre series only lasted for 10 issues... thumbsup2.gif

I'm most fond of the Neal Adams "Spectre" issues # 2-5 but the whole series has some nice artwork by Anderson and Wrightson as well...

Start here and here. These threads (and the books in them) should keep you occupied for the next 17 years or so.

October, thanks for these links especially the Bronze Batman! Making several nice notes from that thread...and the Batman #227 is definitely on my list now...awesome cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Its over rated devil.gifpoke2.gif

Its over rated devil.gifpoke2.gif

not to me Daddy like! cloud9.gif

There were only a few Showcases with Spectre..#60 & 61 + 1 or 2 more and the Spectre series only lasted for 10 issues... thumbsup2.gif

I'm most fond of the Neal Adams "Spectre" issues # 2-5 but the whole series has some nice artwork by Anderson and Wrightson as well...

Neal Adams, eh? geez this whole DC thing is gonna get out of hand pretty quick I see...thank goodness!

Neal Adams, eh? geez this whole DC thing is gonna get out of hand pretty quick I see...thank goodness!

Stick to lower grade copies and you will be able to pick up a lot more books. thumbsup2.gif

Stick to lower grade copies and you will be able to pick up a lot more books. thumbsup2.gif

definitely...7.0 - 8.0 is about where I live...I noticed my LCS had quite a few of these books recently in so this weekend may be a DC fest for me

it was a JLA/JSA team up that first got me into the JLA, I believe they were fighting Per Degaton, and then the George Perez issues made me a fan, but only a sporadic one...any specific JLA recommendations?