• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Yee

19 posts in this topic

I just wanted to give props to Harley Yee. I just ordered some bronze age books from him, and the grading was right on, and the shipping was extremely fast. He even gave me a discount on the books. acclaim.gif

His catalog is incredible! FILLED with Golden age books and the prices, for the most part, since the great majority are NOT CGCed, are within reason! I've always had pleasureable, positive transactions with Harley. He's got a good eye for quality BEYOND the grade number on the label, he's a gentleman, and the packing and service is top shelf! acclaim.gif

I just wanted to give props to Harley Yee. I just ordered some bronze age books from him, and the grading was right on, and the shipping was extremely fast. He even gave me a discount on the books. acclaim.gif

Harley has some awesome books. I've only purchased CGC books from him and would like to buy raw books from him one day. Many times it is just better to buy the CGC version rather than his raw NM's since his prices are inflated on most of the stuff crazy.gif

I contacted him regarding 6 books I wanted off his website, and he had 4 of them in stock. I also just got his latest catalog in the mail, and he has thousands and thousands of comics in it. smile.gif

Harlet Yee??

I personaly think he over-grades on just about everything..and the high quality stuff he does have is priced 4-5x book...and thats for raw!!!...Not one of the first dealers I would go to when searching for books.

Jonny

He doesn't overgrade on everything. Although when he is off it has been an overgrade by around one notch on the books I've looked at. I haven't seen him undergrade anything yet, but I've only bought about a dozen books from him so far. Got a VF/NM XMen 4 he called NM-, a VF Fantastic Four 9 he called VF+, a NM- Spidey 9 he also called NM- and that CGC also called NM-, and another dozen or so Bronze books that were either very well graded or no more than one notch off. I passed on an X-Men 11 he called VF/NM that another forum member bought, got slabbed, and had it come back VF+.

I live very close to you...where did you see Harley's books? I saw them when he comes to the Tyson's Corner convention.

Agree. He's a little on the high side, but does have beautiful books. His grading looks dead on to me. Have bought a few books from him (at the Tyson's show also), but haven't had any slabbed.

Chris