• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Brag] I got my Amazing Fantasy 15 today!

42 posts in this topic

Great comics from the age of growing up make all the difference.

If you were 14 in the 80s, then wouldn't the books you're referring to above be from the Bronze Age? Like GI Joe, Transformers, and Wolverine 1982 Limited Series?Unless you've lived past lives I don't see you growing up with AF 15, ASM 1, ASM 14... tongue.gif

Correct, but even as a teenager reading the Comics Buyer's Guide (in newsprint, arriving weekly in my mailbox), I knew and lusted after the "big fish": ASM #1, FF #1, AF #15, etc. They were still a part of my childhood "dreams," and I remember gazing at the sale prices advertised in the comic books (anyone else ever go back to the old 1980's ads and kick yourself over the prices? When ASM 129 was $2, etc.?)

So AF15 is actually solidly in my teen collecting experience, as a book that made us young peoples' eyes dazzle. It's one of those books me and my friends would talk about in our treehouse with that wistful "someday...'

My comic strip art says it best:

comicstore.jpg