• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Brag] I got my Amazing Fantasy 15 today!

42 posts in this topic

It just arrived from seller Hulkbaby by insured and confirmed mail. This baby is SWEET. It's in STUNNING condition. No trimming, no rips, perfectly flat, sharp edges, no creases...

I took it to two shops today and had the owners take a look at it. Both agreed it's the best copy they've ever seen in person; one suggested it was VF+. The other said it's probably the most valuable single book he's held in his hands.

The teenage customers were dazzled.

I'm not like you guys that have a ton of nice stuff, and talk casually about "...my first copy of Action #1" and stuff. For me, this is the BIG prize, and I'm glowing like a new daddy.

Did you win it from ebay? What was the grade? I notice hulkbaby has a VF- copy up for sale right now with chipping on the right edge....and it's the same one I've seen at least half a dozen people "win" over the last 9 months.

I'm not like you guys that have a ton of nice stuff, and talk casually about "...my first copy of Action #1" and stuff.

Well I don;t think there are a lot of those "you guys" here. Yeah, in the 80's I got an Action 1 and later sold it. Now I talk excitedly about getting VG copies of Cap 75 or VF Voodoo 8. And a lot more of us to.

What is this "you guys" stuff? dag nab bbbbiiittttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH - Can you show us a scan? (or did I miss it with a d'oh?)

I'm interested in hearing more about your AF 15 purchase from hulkbaby...I don't trust him because he's been relisting the same AF 15 repeatedly on and off for the last year. That by itself isn't a warning flag, but what is a warning flag is that at least twice, he has relisted the book within a day or two of somebody winning it as the high bidder! That sounds like shill...seems like it would take at least several days to determine someone isn't going to pay. I could very well be wrong, but that kind of thing is MORE than enough to scare me off from sending almost 10K in cash to somebody over an EBay purchase.

Darn - another hulkbaby thread? Is he bad or isn't he? I've had my suspicions as well, then forumites came to his rescue singing his praises as a comics seller, when all I could see were his phone sales? I even retracted myposts about him. Is he bad or isn't he? Where is your scan, Smoking? Did you win the same one I was talking about before?

I'll put up a scan this evening.

Hulkbaby is good. The reason the book has been relisted several times is because the reserve hasn't been met, or because someone popped the BIN and then failed his payment terms, and they mutually agreed to back out with no negatives (I knopw this because I got scared by the repeat auctions too, so I inquired).

But he provided his personal phone number, sent specific scans on request, and he'll agree to escrow for an Ebay buy.

And this AF 15 was an amazing deal. He and I spent months working on this, and I'm just glowing with pride.

FF: "I STILL don't trust him (HulkBaby)"

Well good golly, Rudd. It must be wonderful to be so virtuous and beyond reproach that you point your accusing finger (Witche'sPrick in hand) and identify heretics with such abandon, regardless of someone receiving a book you doubted the existance of, and giving the seller a 5-star rating on the transaction. To what do you attribute your extroadinary powers of cognition, to be able to emphatically recognize "good" sellers and "bad" sellers without any margin of error? Are you a psychic? A soothsayer? You and Torquemada would have both fed off of your negative energy wonderfully! You were born 600 years too late! What a terrible responsibility it must be to always be right about everything, even when you have NO concept of what you're stating.

VERY simple to see why you became fanatical, infatuated with CGC and fathom yourself an integral part of the organization. Rudd, do you think they could make it without you, or in your mind does their success depend upon your ministrations of idoltry?

Did you even bother to read what Smoking Hawk said? He's ECSTATIC with the book. The dealers he showed it to gave the book a solid thumbs up. That's STILL not good enough for YOU?? 893frustrated.gif And YOU! YOU don't "trust him"! YOU..have your "doubts"!! You're either implying that Smoking Hawk is a liar or you just don't read posts before you respond to them (which I've always suspected). Which is it? Or, you see the letters C_G_C in a post and your brain springs to attention and you go into your self programmed CGC propaganda/damage control rant completely oblivious to the contents of the post?

Way to jump to conclusions...I asked the guy for details on his transaction, stated the exact reasons for my apprehension, and expressed doubt that he was indeed fraudulent. Chill. Haven't you noticed how easy fraud is to perpetuate via E-Bay? You a big proponent of forwarding $8000 or more in cash (that's all hulkbaby accepts) without a little investigation?

Here are the scans. The comic has Ciccone touches on the edge (again, another point for Hulkbaby--he disclosed the touches voluntarily in his first email to me).

No trimming and original staples.

amazing%20fantasy.jpg

amazing%20fantasy%20back.jpg

Rudd,

I'm not going to bother bandying around with you all night. You're a classic malcontent and everyone I correspond with knows it. You distrust everyone because you yourself are untrustworthy. A know-it-all who posts, then lies about the content and continuity of your previously posted statements. YOU, specifically stated that you, "still don't trust him", AFTER SmokingHawk wrote about how pleased he was with his acquisition. Now, you change your tune, telling ME to chill. You're a child, Rudd, who refuses to be wrong about anything and will resort to any self-contradictory lies to prove his flimsy case. Nothing more. Now go have your last word, then suck on an egg and hopefully choke yourself on it.

Dude , I hope you didn't sink a lot of money into it, cause that book has had some serious work done to it. The entire left side has been rebuilt (chipping and color touch to what seems like heavy wear on the upper right corner). Was probably no better than a VG before it was "reborn" into its current incarnation.

Of course, I am no expert, but I've seen a couple (several dozen?) rebuilt AF15s in my day.

Looks like an apparent vf. Susan rebuilt the top bindery corner & looks like she reinforced the Marvel chipping on the top right edge about 2 inches. Looks like she also tried to color match the Marvel chipping on that same edge & perhaps filled in the longer dogear. The staples holes have most likely been reinforced as that is an area of general weakness. Still a nice comic that u can actually flip open to enjoy. acclaim.gif

Yep, I know about the restoration. I am fully aware of it.

Know what? I don't care.

I can't afford a lot of REALLY high-dollar comics, so this is a beautiful sight to me.

No, I didn't sink a lot of money into it. It was a very fair price.

I'm thoroughly pleased with it. Rejecting a book like this because it's restored would be like saying "I *would* love my son, except he has braces."

Somedasy when funds permit, I'll buy an untouched copy. But I've known from the beginning about the work done on it, and don't regret it at all. The seller also has a CGC'ed blue label, but I don't have the money