• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four 18 - what do you think

16 posts in this topic

I saw a thread a while ago re. high grade copies of Fantastic Four 18 which appears uncommon in good shape - although, as one boarder said, more copies will surface. Here is mine - these are the best images I can produce at 150kb so if they are poor, let me know. Then, can anyone recommend a good, preferably cheap, scanner - some of the scans on the boards are really sharp. Very glossy with OW/W pages.

Alan

1128874-ff18a.jpg

1128874-ff18a.jpg.ac9754f2b63515c6ae2f5044062c1ce9.jpg

The staple wear would probably keep it at strict technical 9.0,but the PQ and the perfect centering would push a sale price FAR beyond that.If you ever decide to slab and sell,please PM me.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I wonder if the Staple wear is worse than the scan shows clearly...there seems to be some colour loss in that area, and possibly some stress at the lower edge near the spine...if that is the case, 8.0/8.5, other wise, 9.0.

Roy.

That's tough to grade via scans. Color & appearance are breathtaking, easy 9.4 at first glance, but the staple wear & potential for a touch of cover looseness would knock it out of the very top grades IMO. Worst case 8.5 but probably a 9.0. Very nice! hail.gif

I wonder if the Staple wear is worse than the scan shows clearly...there seems to be some colour loss in that area, and possibly some stress at the lower edge near the spine...if that is the case, 8.0/8.5, other wise, 9.0.

Roy.

Agree.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Both staples are indented but the book is not loose. I guess CGC will tell me if this book is suspect re. staple replacement although I confess I will be shocked if this is the case. I bought this a few years ago, before CGC, from an experienced dealer who I trust.

I have another FF book (No. 6) from the same dealer which also has a top staple indent. I will dig that out to see if it has the same "pattern". I will post it unless depression sets in.

Thanks

Alan