• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC FORUM TOP BRONZE AGE COVERS - #19

47 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect DC BA Horror to have decent representation in this contest, given the quality of the work that was done on the covers. I just didn't think this one was one of the better DC BA Horror covers.

Which DC BA Horror covers did you nominate? confused.gif

Here's the list of what I thought should be the Top 5. If anyone cares, that is.

First: Swamp Thing #3

Second: DC 100 Page Spectacular #4

Third: Detective #403

Fourth: Wonder Woman #199

Fifth: Batman #227

Here's the list of what I thought should be the Top 5. If anyone cares, that is.

Nope, no one cares. 27_laughing.gifgossip.gif (especially since they are all DC covers)

So far both covers were in my top 5. acclaim.gif My other 3 were LD covers that I nominated, so I think I shot my wad early.

Seriously, I have 10 or 20 BA covers that can be my favorite at some point during any given day. WW 199, DC Special 6 are a couple of them and I didn't vote for either. I also should have nominated Red Circle Sorcery 6 and SSWS 156. juggle.gif

A lot of those have a good shot, but I think Wonder Woman 199 or DC 100 #4 will be top since I think most people would have them on their list. The multiple nominated Swamp Thing covers could split the votes and the same goes for the Batmans (though I think 227 is the best of them). I personally don't care for the Tec #403 so I don't think it will be in there.

I don't think it was that Marvel Sucks® overall. I think, a lot of the sweeter Marvel Cover submissions just didn't make it to the voting. I mean, I would think that there were some out there anyway and no one submitted them.

BA Marvel covers I like most are Hulk 197 and Avengers 96. I don't think either of those were nominees. Of all the Man-Thing getting punched/kicked through covers - Hulk 197 is my favorite. Avengers 96 - the only time I have ever thought the Vision looked cool.

I don't think it was that Marvel Sucks® overall. I think, a lot of the sweeter Marvel Cover submissions just didn't make it to the voting. I mean, I would think that there were some out there anyway and no one submitted them.
Then they wouldn't be top forum covers if nobody submitted them.

I will echo Gene's request to release these a little more quickly though...20 days is a little extreme. I thought you'd release all of them at once...

I think it will be 10 days, but that's still way too many. There's a reason they present the Academy Awards in one night instead of 10 - people lose interest. Let's get the rest of the covers up, stat! 893applaud-thumb.gif

No, it just means that there weren't enough people familiar with Bronze Age Marvel who voted. How many DC covers were there and how many Marvel?
What would that matter? The purpose of this is to see what BA covers are forum favorites. If they are all DC, then obviously those that nominated prefer DC. It has nothing to do with who is familiar with what comics. If I were to nominate, I would choose AT25, regardless of what I was familiar with.

In all seriousness, I even voted for a couple of DC covers myself. I was just trying to make an honest evaluation of the covers nominated. I didn't get around to submitting any, so I won't B & M about the Marvels that did (or didn't) show up.

I've always like both the DC and Marvel horror covers, so I'm anxious to see where my votes placed.

Not to pick on you Timulty-- and this one probably is in the top 20, so we'll no doubt get a chance to revisit it, but...

What's the big hairy deal about that cover? confused-smiley-013.gif Don't get me wrong, I love the first-ever 100 Page Super-Spec as a collectible, and the contents are first rate, but why go ga-ga over a cover of a bunch of costumed folks posed standing still?

It's the Weird Mystery Wrightson cover.

No, it just means that there weren't enough people familiar with Bronze Age Marvel who voted. How many DC covers were there and how many Marvel?

Nah, it wasn't a lack of familiarity, I was just too lazy to hunt down the scans and submit em. I thought about throwing in an Iron Jaw #1 cover just to throw in the odd bone to the bunch.

Not to pick on you Timulty-- and this one probably is in the top 20, so we'll no doubt get a chance to revisit it, but...

What's the big hairy deal about that cover? confused-smiley-013.gif Don't get me wrong, I love the first-ever 100 Page Super-Spec as a collectible, and the contents are first rate, but why go ga-ga over a cover of a bunch of costumed folks posed standing still?

sign-funnypost.gifscrewy.gif

Then they wouldn't be top forum covers if nobody submitted them.

I think he means there are too many DC cover fanboys on here.

I understood that, so then wouldn't this be an accurate reflection of the forum favorites?