• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a scanned story

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm still around here. Love this site and the scanned images. I really need to get a faster internet connection so I can visit more often.

Anyway, I'm looking for scans of a story from Mystery in Space. Art by Alan Weiss and inked by Austin.

The story deals with a vampire wrecking blood-sucking havoc on a spaceship.The ending/surprise punchline comes when the vampire discovers it's within a spaceship made of silver and (IIRC) the vessel is headed towards the sun.

Anyone have these pages? I'd love to re-live the comic glory that was my childhood.

(I think the story might've contained a story by another of my favorites: Don Newton.

Thanks!

Kamandi

Ya! Yeah, there it is! Gawd, I loved that book. I forgot it was a Kubert cover. Always liked the reflection of the alien in the glass. Also the two characters were elements from two different stories within, but I liked the way they're together for the cover.

Thanks Deathlok. Would you, um have the story scanned by any chance?

Hey Hey! I rummaged through my entire collection and found the issue!

I was wrong though - no Don Newton. It was a Jerry Bingham story that was also included.

One more. I found my Mystery in Space #112. I currently have not scanner, so I tried photographing each page. The images are big, but I think they're worth a close-up.

This tale was a little gem that popped outta nowhere for me as a kid. My mom would go to the comissary and PX and pick me up one or two comics. To this day I wonder what made her buy what she did. The cover? The price? The interior?

Fun, short tale. The writing is not great stuff, but Alan Weiss and Terry Austin really bring the visuals to top notch. I love the way each character looks - unique and their attributes speak volumes about them. I could easily see them having their own maxi-series! The vampire is sexy, but the captain is even better. The face off panel between the two ladies I remember well. The tired look in both their eyes was memorable too - especially the coloring around the vampire's eyes in that close-up. Demented, cornered, dangerous!

Their costumes are pretty stylin' too. Not your typical long johns, cape and swim cap generic look that usually accompanies these tired-out sci-fi tales.

224.jpeg

225.jpeg

226.jpeg

227.jpeg

228.jpeg

229.jpeg

230.jpeg