• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I the only one having problems adding books in my set today ?

16 posts in this topic

I've tried yesterday night and today to add some books in my sets with no success. At first I thought it was because these books wee recently received from CGC, but after trying to add a CGC book graded a long time ago, it's still not working.

When I write the registry number and press "enter" I get the following message :

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]

Invalid column name '9'. 

D:\WEBSERVER\COLLECTORS-SOCIETY.COM\HTDOCS\REGISTRY\MEMBERS\ COMICS\../../../SSI/shared/sqlizer/sqlizer.asp, line 766

When I press the lookup button, the window that pops up does not have the right info...

HELP ME!

I've tried yesterday night and today to add some books in my sets with no success. At first I thought it was because these books wee recently received from CGC, but after trying to add a CGC book graded a long time ago, it's still not working.

When I write the registry number and press "enter" I get the following message :

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]

Invalid column name '9'. 

D:\WEBSERVER\COLLECTORS-SOCIETY.COM\HTDOCS\REGISTRY\MEMBERS\ COMICS\../../../SSI/shared/sqlizer/sqlizer.asp, line 766

When I press the lookup button, the window that pops up does not have the right info...

HELP ME!

I've been having trouble all week long as well. whenever I hit the 'save' button for new additon's the site internet connection flipped to 'unknown page', stating refer to www.collectors-society.com. e.g no use at all.

I have been in email contact with Gemma Adel of the registry, and she stated they have been updating their server, and that I best try next week.

Hope this helps.

• Administrator

Are you guys adding books that you've already tried once, and continuing to fail, or trying to add brand new fresh books that you've never tried to register and failing?

Well, this was a fresh new on for me. It failed the first time two days ago, and I continued to try with the same book. I get the same error message that was posted above in the thread.

Red:

Same thing happened to me. I tried multiple times to enter the same book. But then I did a search under "manage comics" and the book I was trying to enter showed up. I deleted the book. Then I entered it again and everything was ok.

• Administrator

Ok guys. It looks like there was a data error that occurred with getting certification data from the CGC database for about 100 books that were added to the registry. The chain of events would ahve been this:

1. Book added to set by member

2. Bad data from the certification database (grade incorrect)

3. Book failed to add to the set

4. Book DID add to the "manage comics" area as a registered book, just not in the set... and WITH bad data

5. Subsequent attempts to add the book would look up the info recorded in step #4 above, encounter the bad data and fail again.

We've fixed the data in the registry database, and the data is no longer incorrect from the certification database. So if you re-try to add those books to your sets now, they should work just fine. Let me know if you still have a problem as of a time AFTER this post.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Arch