• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #238 & tatooz?

48 posts in this topic

Im wondering, I just got a asm 238 is the tatooz the last page or was there something inserted into the comic that could be removed?? I did a search and didnt find anything on this, sorry for the stupid question. blush.gif

Dennis.

In that case you are missing the Tatooz, which is no big deal as I think Overstreet now lists the books as equal value with or without.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe a whole bunch of Marvels released during this month had the Tat's, and it is pretty easy to take them out of a lesser valued book and put them into this one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Theres no card or anything in the book not even a crease or some type of clue that anything was pulled out of the book

Yes that means their gone. I've owned 2 copies. One with the white card still bound to the book (and no tatooz) and the other without the card bound to the book (and still no tatooz).

In that case you are missing the Tatooz, which is no big deal as I think Overstreet now lists the books as equal value with or without.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe a whole bunch of Marvels released during this month had the Tat's, and it is pretty easy to take them out of a lesser valued book and put them into this one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry but i don't like what you are suggesting blowout. Also i've never heard of another book with the Tatooz. And if Overstreet are listing them as being of the same value then that's absurd.

Sorry but i don't like what you are suggesting blowout. Also i've never heard of another book with the Tatooz. And if Overstreet are listing them as being of the same value then that's absurd.

There are DEFINITELY other books with the tatooz. An issue of FF (not sure which) springs to mind.

I believe the reason Overstreet began listing the ASM as the same value with or without the Tat's was precisely BECAUSE people were grabbing them from the cheaper FF and reinserting them into the ASM.

You might not like it, but that is what was happening. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are DEFINITELY other books with the tatooz. An issue of FF (not sure which) springs to mind.

I believe the reason Overstreet began listing the ASM as the same value with or without the Tat's was precisely BECAUSE people were grabbing them from the cheaper FF and reinserting them into the ASM.

You might not like it, but that is what was happening. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF #252 is from the same month, and also came with the tattooz, and Overstreet lists them as the same value, with or without tattooz. However, the true market price for ASM #238 varies depending on whether the tattooz is present or not. I'm not sure how CGC deals with the missing tattooz (it might be a green label); I know they notate "tattooz present" or something like that on the blue label.

But isn't the actual INSERT part STAPLED into the book itself?

If the whole deal is removed (and not just the tattooz), wouldn't you have to disassemble the book to put it back?

It's true OS does list it and FF 252 and I know UXM 167 has the tattoo inserts too. But Even if you still replace the tats, you just have some tats jingling around. What good does that do?

Good question on how CGC handles the missing tattoos.

If the whole deal is removed (and not just the tattooz), wouldn't you have to disassemble the book to put it back?

Aren't they just attached to the centrefold?

I know my copy has the Tatooz stapled in. That's why you see so many 238s without the Tatooz and with staple pops. I have heard of people switching them around, but unless they took the book apart or the Tatooz were inserted differently in different issues, I have no idea how they did it.

I know my copy has the Tatooz stapled in. That's why you see so many 238s without the Tatooz and with staple pops. I have heard of people switching them around, but unless they took the book apart or the Tatooz were inserted differently in different issues, I have no idea how they did it.

I think there are two different scenarios here; one that just the Tatooz have been removed (with no damage to the cardboard insert) and can be easily replaced using the FF issue, but once the insert itself is totally ripped out, the book is pretty well toast.

That's why I totally disagree with OS pricing them equivalent.

I think there are two different scenarios here; one that just the Tatooz have been removed (with no damage to the cardboard insert) and can be easily replaced using the FF issue, but once the insert itself is totally ripped out, the book is pretty well toast.

That's why I totally disagree with OS pricing them equivalent.

That would make sense. I will have to pull my 238 and check it out.

You know, in the case of these "insert-less" ASM 238 copies, I'm really wondering if scammers aren't just ripping out the entire Tatooz insert from the FF issue, and then just sliding between the cover and the book (with no restapling), then submitting it to CGC?

Certainly a Frankenbook, but I can't see any other way to do it without disassembling the entire comic.

There is absolutely no way there was a tatooz card stapled or glued in this comic there is not a crease or chip or anything in the book it is pretty much spotless. I cant see how someone would have been able to get that out without damaging the book. confused-smiley-013.gif . did the tatooz leave any kind of trace on the outside back cover?? like a sight outline or something?? Because this book doesnt have anything like that.