• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE "Why you don't post" THREAD

75 posts in this topic

OK lets hear some reason why some of you out there don't post. I'm sure a lot of you get into the conversations at some time or another. But what keeps ya away? Some of the people I see post alot for a while then just disappear. There's got to be a reason. I'll tell ya a lot of these threads I could post way more if only I had some way to post scans. A lot of threads asking for pictures I can't contribute too bums me out. Even though I can't I still try to make a post just to join in. Thats probably the biggest reason why I don't post much in a lot of the threads. Nothin' against those threads. I really like seeing others books shown. Just can't add any pictures.

And then those threads were people start arguing between themselves I stay away from.

TIME. Never enough to go on these boards. Thats another.

So lets hear what you have to say.

This thread can turn out to be constructive or turn into an all out war. Let see. popcorn.gif

OK lets hear some reason why some of you out there don't post. I'm sure a lot of you get into the conversations at some time or another. But what keeps ya away? Some of the people I see post alot for a while then just disappear. There's got to be a reason. I'll tell ya a lot of these threads I could post way more if only I had some way to post scans. A lot of threads asking for pictures I can't contribute too bums me out. Even though I can't I still try to make a post just to join in. Thats probably the biggest reason why I don't post much in a lot of the threads. Nothin' against those threads. I really like seeing others books shown. Just can't add any pictures.

And then those threads were people start arguing between themselves I stay away from.

This thread can turn out to be constructive or turn into an all out war. Let see. popcorn.gif

datazap

It's a great image hosting site and it's SUPER CHEAP. ($1/month, I think?)

<a href="www.datazap.net" target="_blank">datazap</a>

Just shy of $4.00 a month gossip.gif

I'll tell ya a lot of these threads I could post way more if only I had some way to post scans. A lot of threads asking for pictures I can't contribute too bums me out. Even though I can't I still try to make a post just to join in. Thats probably the biggest reason why I don't post much in a lot of the threads. Nothin' against those threads. I really like seeing others books shown. Just can't add any pictures.

The Board has the built-in ability to host your scans provided they are small enough. They'll show up as an attachment, but if you're savvy enough, you can then go back and look at the URL for the Board Hosted Image. Then edit your original post to include the image.

Like so:

(I'm uploading an image right now using the ATTACH A FILE BUTTON. The limit is 200,000 bytes.) It'll show up as an attachment.

Then I'll go back and grab the URL (click on the attachment and grab the URL) and insert it here:

1130694-Bus_launcher2.jpg

1130694-Bus_launcher2.jpg.6724c357ef07c60581d2b7aa6986d7a9.jpg

How about ... I have nothing to say? No real indepth analysis, not privy to inside info and I have no burning issue to bring to the forefront.

Start a thread about how important was Neal Adams to the comic industry? Why is Marvel outselling DC? Are my books trimmed? Seems like others have already asked these questions ...

<a href="www.datazap.net" target="_blank">datazap</a>

Just shy of $4.00 a month gossip.gif

893whatthe.gif Times, they are a'changin'.

cause every decent thread turns into a bunch of girls arguing
It only appears that way because Illiterati wears makeup and a dress and cries a lot.

Hey, if you squint real hard, you can almost see a spine developing on Deathlok!

...No, wait, nevermind. He just fell asleep on a Slim Jim™ again.

It only appears that way because Illiterati wears makeup and a dress and cries a lot.

Hey, if you squint real hard, you can almost see a spine developing on Deathlok!

Slim Jim™? You mean the thing that constitutes one of your basic food groups?

No, dummy, I was talking about those things people use to jimmy open car doors. foreheadslap.gif

No, dummy, I was talking about those things people use to jimmy open car doors. foreheadslap.gif

Is that anything like jimmy crack corn? Well, I don't care.

Hey, I think you were looking for "THE 'Why don't you STOP posting' THREAD". Down the hall, to the left. Thank me later. thumbsup2.gif

Hey, I think you were looking for "THE 'Why don't you STOP posting' THREAD". Down the hall, to the left. Thank me later. thumbsup2.gif

Who would you respond to then?

Someone interesting?

Someone entertaining?

Someone intelligent?

Someone engaging?

Someone who doesn't smell like cheese?

I could go on, but like people standing near you on the bus, you get the drift.

Someone interesting?

Someone entertaining?

Someone intelligent?

Someone engaging?

I could go on, but like people standing near you on the bus, you get the drift.

Fascinating. popcorn.gif

Someone interesting?

That's me!

Someone entertaining?

That's me!

Someone intelligent?

That's me!

Someone engaging?

That's me!

Aw... sorry.gif

Someone interesting?

That's me!

Someone entertaining?

That's me!

Someone intelligent?

That's me!

Someone engaging?

That's me!

Aw... sorry.gif

If it's nacho cheese then that's not so bad. popcorn.gif