• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about some app.grades for G.A. Human Torch

16 posts in this topic

Okay, here's something different from the normal PGM requests.

I would appreciate some opinions on the grades of the following Human Torch comics.

The twist is that each book has had a moderate amount of restoration. The books were pretty beat up and most likely would have originally graded out around the 2.0(good) range - or lower.

After everyone has had a chance to give a few opinions on the grade of each book....I'll follow up with a description of the extent and location of the resto.

If the thought of resto causes your stomach to churn violently....then please refrain from looking further at this thread, as it will only do you harm. I'm simply interested in others opinion on the apparent grade...NOT the evils and total decline of the comics hobby, Thanks.

Human Torch 15 front & back

HT15

back

HT #15: App. 7.0

HT #16: App. 5.5? ...real nice FC but too much creasing on the back for a Fine, IMO confused-smiley-013.gif

HT #21: App. 7.5/8.0

My stomach's OK so far. Nice books!

What sort of link are they ?- all I get is gobbledygook test when I click on the link.

confused-smiley-013.gif

The links are still working fine for me. Only thing I can think of it that the images are being stored at AOL.....so maybe your browser doesn't like AOL.

Would the next person viewing this thread, please click the links to confirm if they are working correctly. Thanks.

Thanks for the grades folks.

Issue #15 is on "the bay" now(listed as a F/VF). No link, since I don't want this thread to be moved to the marketplace.

The resto on #15 included tear seals to the top left and bottom right corners....a small spine split sealed and some repair to the right edge and bottom of the back cover.

With the books in hand I'd call each book as follows:

#15 - F/VF

#16 - F minus, except after reading the dang thing the two centerfold pages came loose. I guess I'd call it a Qualified VG+ now. boo.gif

#21 - VF-

Thanks for the grades folks.

Issue #15 is on "the bay" now(listed as a F/VF). No link, since I don't want this thread to be moved to the marketplace.

The resto on #15 included tear seals to the top left and bottom right corners....a small spine split sealed and some repair to the right edge and bottom of the back cover.

You can put the link in your sig line though. That will not move this thread into the marketplace.