• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC FORUM TOP BRONZE AGE COVERS - #13

34 posts in this topic

The -c to PS 6 is my favorite of the run. There's even a horse on the -c. Why weren't any of them nominated? Too many books to choose from. Me personally? Since PS is my favorite character, I wanted to be sure I was choosing with my head and not my heart. None of mine have made it so far(but they will), so I'm betting I chose wisely.

th_PS6.jpg

The -c to PS 6 is my favorite of the run. There's even a horse on the -c. Why weren't any of them nominated? Too many books to choose from.

Despite my earlier crack about DC, this is the real reason obviously. Such a huge variety of material to chose from, it was so tough to norrow it down to only three nominations. Christo_pull_hair.gif

The -c to PS 6 is my favorite of the run. There's even a horse on the -c. Why weren't any of them nominated? Too many books to choose from.

Despite my earlier crack about DC, this is the real reason obviously. Such a huge variety of material to chose from, it was so tough to norrow it down to only three nominations. Christo_pull_hair.gif

makepoint.gif

makepoint.gif

You are just bitter you HOS 88 got hosed. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

makepoint.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif893censored-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif

yay.gif

makepoint.gif

yay.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

DC Special 6 has slowly crept into being my favorite Neal Adams Cover. When it came time to vote I placed this ahead of Batman 232, which I have always considered my favorite Adams and that shocked even me 27_laughing.gif. Here's why. The juxtapositioning of Science Fiction and Western elements with two huge images (one in the foreground, one in the background) sees Adams get so much expression, detail and emotion into such a small space. I also believe this to be his homage 'tip of the hat' to the EC series Weird Science/WEird Science Fantasy my favorite Pre-Code comic. jbud73

DCSpecial6.jpg

I agree - Get the logo out of there, and it's an awesome image 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Still don't know what the big deal is about this cover. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sorry Jim. flowerred.gif

Kind of wondering the same thing. confused-smiley-013.gif

Looking at this cover is like someone screaming in my ear, "IT"S COWBOYS AND ROCKET SHIPS - GET IT????" - JC

27_laughing.gif

Y'know, I don't think I'd ever seen this particular Adams cover prior to joining these boards a few months back, but this one's now on my want list. Cowboys and rocket ships? Right up my alley! Great image, great artwork. Very EC Weird Fantasy. Yes, it's marred by the big red logo, but I'll take it anyway. Maybe my favorite cover posted so far.

That big red logo is what makes it fabulous. Great color and great idea to use the old style basketball freethrow floor design on a cover. Note the Big Letters DC right next to the small DC logo. Wow, talk about pushing the envelope.