• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite letters pages.

12 posts in this topic

Hey I think we've had incarnations of this before, I did a search and couldn't find anything definitive though. Anyway I was browsing through some Miller DDs and reading the lettercols. Loved this one from DD 161 which is the first letters page reacting to some new kid named Frank Miller joining the book. grin.gif

I found it interesting that Daredevil was a Bi-Monthly at this time 893whatthe.gif hard to imagine that now - plus the reaction to this Miller kid and his potential on the book. news.gif

I seem to remember the Saga of the Swampy Letters pages being pretty cool after Moore took over, but my SOTST's are back in Canada. Anyway here's a scan of the lettercol. Hope others will post their favs for everyone to see too.

DD161lettercol.jpg

No scans from me, but the letter column from any issue of "The Goon" is always a riot.

Latest issue, some guy writes Powell telling him what a jerk he was at a con. Powell then had a bunch of creators write similar slams against him (Powell) and how much they couldn't stand him. It was pretty funny.

Conan 104. cloud9.gif

responses to Belit kicking the bucket?

Dan has a letter printed in that issue.

I have my own personal copy I'm hoping Dan will autograph someday. grin.gif

Could be a Signature Series book. 27_laughing.gif

Conan 104. cloud9.gif

responses to Belit kicking the bucket?

Dan has a letter printed in that issue.

I have my own personal copy I'm hoping Dan will autograph someday. grin.gif

Could be a Signature Series book. 27_laughing.gif

Well post the lettercol, so we can rip ya a new one over what you wrote poke2.gif

A letters page that stuck out to me is one presenting a series of letters, quite a number of them presumably being written by little kids, regarding females being involved with comics from Novelty Press called Targets Hits and Misses, published in Target Comics from 1944-1945. Interesting back and forth that went on here:

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Electricmastro