• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone with any exp. with comickeys?

217 posts in this topic

Hi all,

New to the board and was wondering if anyone has had any exp. buying books from comickeys on ebay? They always seem to have insane hi grade, non graded books on ebay. I have heard rumors though that most of the books they offer are restored, even if its says otherwise. Anyone with any further info on the subject?

Thanks in advance

comickeys.... hmmm... um.... no.... um.... let's see... um.... oh, you must mean Co-Mickeys...

Yeah, Co-Mickeys is great... who would have thought that Mantle and Mouse would make such a great team? The food is spectacular (the spanakopita is some of the freshest you'll find west of the Meridian) and the service is to die for... I was a little wigged the first time I walked in. I had never seen a restaurant where the waiters were dressed in Yankee pinstripes and the busboys had mouse ears, but hey, whatever works...

One recommendation. The sourdough bread bowl hasn't been that good lately. So if you are getting the lobster bisque I strongly recommend that you get it a la carte. The twice-baked potatoes are fantastic. Don't let you waiter steer you to the chantrelles, the last couple shipments haven't been that great and there is nothing worse than disappointing chantrelles. They use the same reduction on the shiitakes, so I would stick with those.

For dessert you have to try the Mous(s)e in the Box... The presentation alone is worth it. Until you have seen delicate chocolate mousse arrayed in a mouse-ear mold surrounded by a 'batter's-box' of dusted white chocolate, you just haven't lived...

Hope that helps... and happy dining...

Isn't it ironic that in the 1600s and 1700s, the word "restaurant" referred to a particular type of clyster or enema!!!!. And restauranteurs were the folks who administered them!!!! No S***!! (if you'll excuse the pun!), Look it up! 893whatthe.gif They didn't have the mouse ears BUT they sure did have a wide assortment of funnels (and perhaps a hose!), some of whom I'm sure would have been tempted to wear them on their noggin' as a gesture of juvenile humour, a la the TinMan! 27_laughing.gif

Why are so many people "scared" of Danny and his "comic-keys" personae?

Pretty much everyone in the hobby knows what's going on with him and his books and the "private feedback" and why he only allows private feedback and how he gives $$$ back when the books come back restored from CGC and how the scans are doctored and how he's had several names and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and..............

Come one kiddies, get some spine and call a spade a spade.

I dont have any spades. I was planting some mums yesterday and i looked for a good 1/2 an hour and couldnt find one. I thought there was one in the garage. Do you think that calling it would have helped?

my neighbors might not think that me standing in the back yard by the garage yelling "here spade" would be too funny.

but it would be easier than using that big shovel of mine in tight spaces.

Why are so many people "scared" of Danny and his "comic-keys" personae?

Pretty much everyone in the hobby knows what's going on with him and his books and the "private feedback" and why he only allows private feedback and how he gives $$$ back when the books come back restored from CGC and how the scans are doctored and how he's had several names and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and..............

Oh good lord.

"Come on kiddies, get some spine and hide behind a new shill ID."

Yeah....pathetic attempt, troll. We've been through this enough that everyone is tired of it. F*[!@#%^&^] Off!

Chris

But seriously folks........

I'm relatively new to this CGC cyber-sandbox so I'm not familiar with all the message board controversy of comic-keys/Hammer/whatever-his-name-is.

However, I am personally familiar with comic-keys since he tried to sell me a number of high grade books a couple of years ago and I almost bit on them until the whole deal started smelling to high heaven, so, I made some inquires and BOY OH BOY did I get an education!!! Needless to say, I dodged THAT bullet.

So, out of curiosity, why does it seem that many here treat him with kid gloves?

Does he have pictures of some of you guys you don't want people to see?

So, out of curiosity, why does it seem that many here treat him with kid gloves?

It's because it's already been played out here. It's old "news" and everyone has come to their own conclusions. It's a dead horse.

Not to mention the fact that he's a productive (usually positive) contributor to this board, like him or not.