• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC FORUM TOP BRONZE AGE COVERS - #9

66 posts in this topic

The 9th Place Cover sees the Zombies continue their assault on the Top 20 and also sees one of the most classic combos in comics hit the Poll. John Romita drawing the Amazing Spider-man - it doesn't get much better than that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Oh yes it does, throw in the Green Goblin and now your talking. cloud9.gif

Thanks to CGC_World, THE_BEYONDER and Capt. Red Pants himself for nominating this book. thumbsup2.gif No write ups you slackers mad.gif, well this cover does speak for itself though. grin.gif

ASpidey136.jpg

another cover i don't see the appeal in.

what a mishmash. where did the street go to? oh, it would have been way too busy to have the buildings actually end in something, rather than just float there?

okey-dokey

what a mishmash. where did the street go to? oh, it would have been way too busy to have the buildings actually end in something, rather than just float there?

okey-dokey

They are walking on a red hill that defies gravity that floats horizontally over the top of New York city? confused.gif

okey-dokey

They are walking on a red hill that defies gravity that floats horizontally over the top of New York city? confused.gif

i thought it was a tomato?

okey-dokey

i thought it was a tomato?

Good call. Maybe. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif That still doesn't explain why the bottoms of the buildings are covered by yellow fog or pee or something. confused.gif

Boy, JC's prediction of the "DC fanboys" owning the top 20 has really come true so far. I think he picked the wrong group of blind loyalists. 27_laughing.gif

I think that the phrase JC's prediction speaks for itself . . . wink.gif27_laughing.gif

Boy, JC's prediction of the "DC fanboys" owning the top 20 has really come true so far. I think he picked the wrong group of blind loyalists. 27_laughing.gif

I think that the phrase JC's prediction speaks for itself . . . wink.gif27_laughing.gif

Touche! 27_laughing.gif

The Green Lantern book, and the Batman book will be there. Dc fans needn't worry.

Uh, which Batman would that be? 27_laughing.gif

The one that's a tribute to the old Detective comics cover. Large batman looking down.....etc..

I'm would fall under the Marvel fanboy label, but didn't vote for this book. I don't know, just nothing standing out to me.

I think it's the whole hissy fight going on beneath Spidey and the GG that feels more like a distraction to me.

You missed a spot by Harry's leg. poke2.gif

i saw that as i put it up. oh well.

tell you what, doing that photoshopping really gives you an idea of how screwed up the whole Goblin Glider is on this cover. plus, Gobby's right leg seems to be missing from knee to ankle