• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEAVY METAL Story quest

5 posts in this topic

After seeing the recent successes of others looking for particular stories I figured I would come to the Heavy Metal Oracle and ask my question.

Circa 1979-80ish I read such a great story it has stuck with me to this day. It was about a 6-8 page black and white story of a group of space pioneers trapped on a space station. They are dying from starvation the the whole story they debate over killing one of thier own for food. They finally decide to go ahead and kill the guy and spill his blood all over the page(This part made me nausious and is the main reason i remember the story, or it could have been the slushy and not being acclimated to the 115defree AZ summer insane.gif). Right after they kill the guy a craft docks on the space station and they are rescued, but the guy is still dead.

Anyone else remember this issue 893crossfingers-thumb.gif. I'd love to get another copy

Thanks,

Mike

I have one to add, there was a story in Heavy metal that was a rip-off of Star Wars. But the characters were drawn after the Beatles...the Yoda character was Yoda Ohno. That one was great. grin.gif