• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

your oldest comic...

89 posts in this topic

By oldest, do you mean the oldest comic we purchased ourselves, or inherited? Or do you mean just any old comic we bought? I would think the GA collectors would dominate hands down if the latter.

By oldest, do you mean the oldest comic we purchased ourselves, or inherited? Or do you mean just any old comic we bought? I would think the GA collectors would dominate hands down if the latter.

simply the oldest comic (publish/release date indicia mentioned on the comic) you have on your coll., that you've bought (or someone offer to you).

regards

Got this from POV ( flowerred.gif) my 1st year here as my award for "Rookie of the Year".... cloud9.gif

POV?!? Who is that? Is that someone who used to post here? Hmm...never heard of him.

Second comic book ever published. 1933.

confused.gif In the GA? What about Platinum Age comics? Victorian Age comics?

I believe that "second" refers to "modern" comics, i.e., what most resembles what we know today as comics.

Of course, the "first" American comic book was published back in 1842 (according to Bob Beerbohm).

But as far as early "comics", here is one from 1916.

MuttandJeff.jpg