• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your worst in staple alignment!

33 posts in this topic

Here's my own TOS 65 that just recently got a 8.0 OW from CGC.

TOS-65-front-cover.jpg

I don't think that the misalignement of the staples had anything to do with it (much more the wear near the staples and edges of the cover...)

Niiice. thumbsup2.gif That's about a 7 on my misalignment scale. headbang.gif

A 7! Dang, Id hate to see a ten. Probably stapled in the center of the book. 893whatthe.gif

Maybe! There could always be a staple misalignment pedigree which nobody would want. Here's a pretty bad one that someone from comicspriceguide.com posted:

ff_35_staples.jpg

A 7! Dang, Id hate to see a ten. Probably stapled in the center of the book. 893whatthe.gif

Maybe! There could always be a staple misalignment pedigree which nobody would want. Here's a pretty bad one that someone from comicspriceguide.com posted:

ff_35_staples.jpg

893whatthe.gif wow never seen such a misalignment 893whatthe.gif

ff_35_staples.jpg

You giving my book a hard time?? tongue.gif

ff_35_staples.jpg

You giving my book a hard time?? tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif, welcome aboard weaponx. headbang.gif

I actually don't mind staple misalignment of SA books when it puts the staples on the back cover...because you can open & read the book & any potential wear or stressing will be limited to the back cover (& when I say "open & read", not talking about ultra-high-grade books here obviously). But boy, I hate when the staples are set way into the front cover as with the FF #35...makes me afraid to even open a book, because the stressing around the staples is obvious & is only going to get worse.

I picked up a collection last week,then saw this thread and remembered seeing a book with a bad staple job...it took awhile to find it again,and I was thinking it was a New Mutants book,which it may still be,but it could've been this one...after looking through 65,000 books,your eyes and mind start playing tricks on ya!!

21OBCMGO.jpg