• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 35 Broke My Heart

23 posts in this topic

I put a very competitive bid on this Action 35. I really wanted it and was willing to treat myself... even if it meant overpaying.

But alas, I was edged out by Yorkcomics. This guy seems to be buying a lot of GA. Anyone know him?

BTW, I was surprised not to see some other boardmembers on the bidder's list. hi.gif

judeloo was there. yeahok.gif

Saw that. I presumed that was just a placeholder bid.

Given that you can watch an unlimited number of items, I don't understand why people continue to launch lowball "watch" bids. confused-smiley-013.gif

judeloo was there. yeahok.gif

Saw that. I presumed that was just a placeholder bid.

Given that you can watch an unlimited number of items, I don't understand why people continue to launch lowball "watch" bids. confused-smiley-013.gif

I usually do that to give fair warning to other bidders, particularly those that know me (or my username at least) that I am in the running for the item. More out of respect than anything else b/c I hate when someone comes out of nowhere and just spikes at the last second.

all and I mean all the early Supes books on eBay are either finishing up VERY Close to guide or OVER Guide now.....makes it tough on me as I need quite a few of these also and would like to Cheapskate as much as I can.

I hear ya. I knew it would go for at least guide and maybe $100 over guide.

Don't have my OS handy, but I think Guide on this book in VG is around $300. So, $470 is a pretty decent cut above guide.

I think it was just a case that I ran up against the wrong bidder. The third underbidder was much lower.

You may have been better off passing on it. This same book recently sold on Heritage, and didn't get a great price due to the staples beeing rusty. Check out the Heritage archive for larger scans.

Didn't CGC used to note if the book had rusty staples? I don't seem to notice this anymore.

I also had it on my watch list, as it's one of the Action war covers I don't have and would like to. I was all set to bid on it,

however, I just blew a pretty big chunk of change on another book which should be in my mailbox sometime this week.

I thought that this book looked real nice for the 4.0 grade, (didn't know about the rusty staples), it doesn't surprise me that it ended up over guide price, war covers usually do..

sorry you didn't get it Zipper, it would have looked great next to your # 39.

I just blew a pretty big chunk of change on another book which should be in my mailbox sometime this week.

I thought that this book looked real nice for the 4.0 grade, (didn't know about the rusty staples), it doesn't surprise me that it ended up over guide price, war covers usually do..

Here's a better scan of the book from the Heritage archive:

16013008007o.jpg

So Alton, I assume you bought the book I think you did 893applaud-thumb.gif

You may have been better off passing on it. This same book recently sold on Heritage, and didn't get a great price due to the staples beeing rusty. Check out the Heritage archive for larger scans.

Wow. THANKS! After seeing the larger scans, I'm glad I lost out! flowerred.gif

I don't mind a dot of rust on a GA book, but the bottom staple is pretty nasty and has a decent amount of rust transfer to the paper. Plus, there is a lot of foxing.

Well, from $299 to $472 in a month makes a real nice flip for the seller.

Wow. THANKS! After seeing the larger scans, I'm glad I lost out! flowerred.gif

I don't mind a dot of rust on a GA book, but the bottom staple is pretty nasty and has a decent amount of rust transfer to the paper. Plus, there is a lot of foxing.

Well, from $299 to $472 in a month makes a real nice flip for the seller.

Gees Zipper 68 We both live close to each other, and both collect early Actions. No wonder, I can never find any good ones locally. hi.gif