• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which Itoya portfolio is better?

9 posts in this topic

hey all,

looks like everyone recommends Itoya portfolios to store their OA. i looked on the Itoya website and see that they offer two types of portfolios: the Original Art Portfolio and the Art Portfolio Evolution.

http://www.itoya.com/Catalogs/Profolio/Profolio_html/Art_Profolio_index.htm

i am sensing that most people use the Original Art Portfolio. anyone know ever use the Art Portfolio Evolution? any opinion on which is better?

s

... And does anyone know of a good brand that has a zipper on it for carrying around at conventions? The regular Itoya portfolios are all open on the edges and I'd be a bit worried about something slipping out.

If your handy you can sew(or hot glue, but that sounds kinda cheezy) velcro tabs on the three open sides confused-smiley-013.gif

And I agree with the slightly larger portfolios. While acquiring art you never realize some pages are 1/8th of an inch wider than other, but try to put them in a portfolio and it'll be apparent in about 2 seconds blush.gif Did you know VERTIGO pages are slightly larger than 11X17? I guess they need the wider pages for all of that "mature" content makepoint.gif

I've got the evolution and one other. I'll take a look tonight and let you know the two I have. They're both Itoya and neither has a zipper. The pages could only fall out of the tops and it would be really hard for that to happen unless you were holding it upside down.

Hi!

I just bought the 13 X 19 Evolution and the difference seemed

to be the cloth binding around the edges of the portfolio not

seen on the other one... hope that helps.

Dan

Ok I've looked and I have a profolio and a profolio evolution. The evolution has the cloth trim which is nicer to my eyes however they didn't have it in 13X19 when I bought my portfolios. I like both of them and other than the trim they seem identical to me.

Ok I've looked and I have a profolio and a profolio evolution. The evolution has the cloth trim which is nicer to my eyes however they didn't have it in 13X19 when I bought my portfolios. I like both of them and other than the trim they seem identical to me.

Except for the price. I just picked up an evolution 18 x 24 for my double page spreads today. The evolution cost $32 while the original was priced at $39.

They seem to be the same quality. The only difference was the cloth trim for the Evolution and the option for inserting a spine label for the Original.