• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC FORUM TOP BRONZE AGE COVERS - #2

82 posts in this topic

Just because you don't get most of the Top 8, doesn't mean you didn't show up to play.

Gimme a break. The top books are the ONLY ones people are interested in, and playing stupid like this is beneath even you.

Right now, it looks like SEVEN out of the top EIGHT books will be DC, and since the forum voted, I am fine with that.

But what I'm not fine with is some math-challenged DC fanboy telling Marvel fans that they "can't complain because their books were well represented." Come on, even you can't believe that line of horse-?

ONE comic out of the TOP EIGHT is "well represented"? If so, then I'd hate to see your idea of a "DC landslide". 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It depends on how you view this. I look at it as a whole contest. How many DC in Top 20 and how many Marvel in Top 20. Yes, there is a strong DC presence here. Yes, there are better covers than the DC ones represented here. Even better Marvel ones. But out of what was nominated. Marvel has made a significant showing.

Is it actually representative? No, probably not. Only representative of those who actually took the time to enter a nomination and vote. This is the same argument that comes up every election. The lurkers don't vote or nominate so perhaps the best candidates don't win. If there was only about 4 covers that were Marvel in the Top 20, then I would think you could complain. But since there are not... tongue.gif

Why would you guys widen the field by nominating books that you didn't consider the best.

Are you being rhetorical here? I mean, the entire point of the nomination process is to widen the field and provide the most choice for potential voters.

What I didn't realize, and was never mentioned, was that you could "work the system" by having multiple people nominate the SAME BOOK (which is an oxymoron - only one nomination is needed) and then artificially bump up the vote totals due to the "you must vote for your noms" limitation.

It's not a hard concept to grasp, and once a book like ASM 122 or 136 was nominated, I never even gave a thought to nominating it again - would you? Why?

I agree, let's get this contest over with so we can all move on with our lives.

Everyone's free to visit the babe test......... confused-smiley-013.gif

I was up there earlier! Like my Melyssa Ford pics? acclaim.gif

Great cover! Should get a nomination for the 'Top Copper Age Cover' poll. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Personally, I feel this is one of the best covers of all-time:

883209-CGCbocslab.JPG

Yeah, it is a nice cover and all but those women really aren't "Babes". grin.gif

It's not a hard concept to grasp, and once a book like ASM 122 or 136 was nominated, I never even gave a thought to nominating it again - would you? Why?

Didn't even look. I nominated my tops that day. Didn't care what other people voted on.

Yeah! Me likey! Me likey! The Belucci side boob is a classic! laugh.gif

That's what having a T3 line and boredom at work does. Melyssa Ford is rocketing up the Donut Hit List. Hard to find Belucci pics that I can post there, let me tell you. yay.gif

Yeah! Me likey! Me likey! The Belucci side boob is a classic! laugh.gif

That's what having a T3 line and boredom at work does. Melyssa Ford is rocketing up the Donut Hit List. Hard to find Belucci pics that I can post there, let me tell you. yay.gif

Yes, Miss Ford sure is a hottie. thumbsup2.gif

Didn't even look. I nominated my tops that day. Didn't care what other people voted on.

I think you have the terms "VOTE" and "NOMINATE" mixed up. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Didn't even look. I nominated my tops that day. Didn't care what other people nominated...until after they were posted...I even moved one of my bonehead picks down to 5. I will say this, I probably would have Voted for a couple books I did not nominate if the "must vote for the ones you nominate" rule was not in effect.